Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #1

Smile Washing Fiver

Does anyone have any recommendations for a telescopic brush or a water wand type brush, that connects to a garden hose, for washing the exterior of your rig? Thanks in advance for any advice
2012 Sabre 34REQS
Unruly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

yeah its called truck o mat or blue beacon lol " truck washes"

grainger.com has a few different varieties !Flow Thru Brush, Adjustable Angle - Brooms and Brushes - Supplies - 2ZPA5 : Grainger Industrial Supply
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #3

I got this from amazon works pretty good.

Amazon.com: Camco 43633 RV Wash Brush with Adjustable Handle: Automotive
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #4

You boys must be stronger or younger than I. I find the hose attached to the end of the brush to be cumbersome and makes it heavy and hard to lift after awhile. I also tried the one that had the soap resevoir attachment but always would run out of suds before I was thru. Still use the 5 gallon bucket with the long handled brush.
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #5
"On the road again"

I still wash using an industrial-size sponge, bucket of water and Rain-X car-wash solution. I do about 1/4 of the side, then come back and chamois it off the surface and windows and then move on to the next section and repeat. I move the ladder a lot, and it's a workout...but, it also gives me a chance to watch closely for anything that may be out of the normal on the unit.

I've tried the telescoping brush on a hose, but seems like I get more water back down my arms and on me than on the "fiver".

For the roof - water and "Dawn" detergent and for that...I do use a sponge mop and then rinse it off with clear water.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #6

Thanks everyone for your input. Have a cold one now as a reward for helping out a newbie....
2012 Sabre 34REQS
Unruly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #7

I use a long handle flat "mop". Simply hose off the TT and dip the mop into a bucket of soapy water. I pour in some liquid soap/wax. Then spray rinse Really not that hard.

By then it's beer:30. ;-)
FreedomTracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
You boys must be stronger or younger than I. I find the hose attached to the end of the brush to be cumbersome and makes it heavy and hard to lift after awhile. I also tried the one that had the soap resevoir attachment but always would run out of suds before I was thru. Still use the 5 gallon bucket with the long handled brush.
I agree, dragging a brush around with a hose attached is cumbersome and tiring. I just use the brush without the hose hooked up and it seems much easier.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #9

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a 1 gallon bug sprayer and mix what ever soap I am using with water in it (set the tip to pin point spray so it will reach the top of the 5th wheel.). Went to Home Depot and bought a long window cleaning poll and already had a good brush that fit. I spray the soap on with the unit dry (I use a lot) then dunk the brush in water and scrub it down and rinse...works pretty good.
whanner is offline   Reply With Quote