Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #1

water damage under rubber roof

I just discovered a small hole in a repair of a torn rubber roof, The wood seams to be a small 10" wide and 24" long like a rectangle piece. Can I successfully repair by lifting the robber up removing the OSB replacing and regulating the rubber roof back?

Or do I need to just remove the remove the entire rubber roof and prplace the damaged area and put new rubber membrane ?
PMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #2

Most roofs use a contact adhesive and peeling it back may damage the material.

If no one gives you a better answer, here is my suggestion:
I'd cut 3 sides out and fold the material over so you can repair the damaged wood. Once the wood is fixed, I'd lay the roof back down and use eterna bond take to tape the seams together and call it a day. I've used ETB tape on all of my campers for small to larger repairs.

Don't forget to use some sort of contact adhesive to put on the repaired area to keep it "down".
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:22 AM   #3

I have a question about this also... I have some water damage around my skylight and the wood is soft. I want to do something similar... Anyone have a glue recommendation for gluing the TPO roof back down to the new wood? Hopefully something I can easily get from Lowes or HD so I do not have to wait for shipping?
chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMorrow View Post
I just discovered a small hole in a repair of a torn rubber roof, The wood seams to be a small 10" wide and 24" long like a rectangle piece. Can I successfully repair by lifting the robber up removing the OSB replacing and regulating the rubber roof back?

Or do I need to just remove the entire rubber roof and prplace the damaged area and put new rubber membrane ?
also does anyone have any idea as to how thick the OSB board is for a roof on a Sunseeker class C motor home?
PMorrow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, water