Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2016, 07:07 AM   #1

Water ingress towing in the rain...

Morning All,

I'm having an issue with my 2014 Grey Wolf 28BH, that I'm looking for some guidance on...

When towing in the rain, the inside of the trailer (floor only) ends up wet - not soaking, but there's visible water on the floor; in the main area of the trailer.

Windows and frames all appear dry; and it's not coming through the roof... that leads me to believe it's coming in around the slide.

Seals are all clean, and well maintained - any hints, tips or tricks looking for the source?

No issues with water penetration if I'm setup or parked and it rains - it seems to be strictly when towing, if that helps?

Nights Camped 2016: 44

Nights Booked 2017: 11
Nights Camped 2017: 6
OntarioFireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:09 AM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Really check the tops slide seals. I was getting water last year along the top of my slide. Everything looked good but when i really looked into it there were hairline separations in the seal and allowed a drop of water to enter. Under toe it might allow the water to be forced through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Really check the tops slide seals. I was getting g water last year along the top of my slide. Everything looked good but when 8 really looked into it there were hairline separations in the seal and allowed a drop of water to enter. Under toe it might allow the water to be forced through.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Check out the bottom D seal, the one attached to the slide flange itself that you can get access to when the slide is open. They are a PITA to install so they get boogered up in the factory a lot. The one on my 2017 just fell off within 48 hours of bringing the trailer home.

Remove your wheels and tires, take a flashlight, and check out all around the wheel wells. You may get a huge surprise there. Also remove any access panels and drawers and check out those wheel wells from the inside.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing, water