Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #1

Water leak from the wall through the electric socket?

Salem 392 PT

ALOT of water ended up around our sink and it all came though the electric socket located under the tank level indicator box. It seems to be creeping down the inside of the wall through the electric socket. There are speakers outside of the RV, is it possible the water found a way inside through there? anyone else ran into this problem?

Thanks
Victor Lis
Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #2

are you sure its not condensation? have you guys been livig in it in the Cold weather? i am not familiar with your floorplan, is there a window near the outlet? i would make asure all power is shut off anf pop off the outlet cover and look around with a flashlight.
your rv is failry new, water leaks can screw up stuff fast, are you still under warranty? if so i would be off to the dealer.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:13 AM   #3

The electric socket at the sink should be on a GFI circuit, that should trip if wired correctly. If there is no insulation behind the box and the exterior wall you will get condensation, condensation will all ways form on the warm side of a surface. I would check the exterior of the camper as well and at the roof where the it meets the wall. The reason for this is because if you have a fiber glass finish, it may have started to delam, separation between the fiber glass and the base wall that it is glued to. I have had this problem with my first Rock Wood, my new camper was just 8 DAYS old parked in my drive, we were getting it ready for our first trip, when I noticed that the right side had a small bubble. I am going to stop there!!!!!! I have pictures but don't what to make Forest River look bad....... Don't put with it, you will have nightmares later. Good Luck!!!!
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
After delivery of my new Salem, I crawled all over the outside with some Dicor sealant and some silicone caulk. I found gaps and cracks to fill...and one was around those speakers as well as those yard lites. I highly recommend you do the same. Sometimes they get in a hurry, and miss things. Sometimes the stuff just shrinks some when it dries. Either way...it can cause major damage in a hurry. I do this with EVERY RV I buy, and once or twice during the season....I check it all again. Look over every seam, and opening in the roof and sides. (IE...marker lights, roof vents, plumbing)

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 AM   #5

Its deff a leak, like ALOT of water over the counter only when it rains, im going to go and do tht caulking when its nice and dry to be sure i get all the crack from top to bottom.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:35 AM   #6

It's good that you know for sure, I recommend start dehumidifying ASAP to get everything dry. You can us a dehumidifier and or keep air circulating in your camper, by setting your fan control to ON not auto. The humidity needs to be below 50%, around 40% would be good.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
PSB

We have a Rockwood 8318ss tv on the wall as you enter trailer. Just noticed after picking up our trailer after getting the new Concertone installed our Manual was soaking wet. TV table had water on it. Looks like it is coming down from the back corner where the 2 walls meet. Back at the dealer, they are checking. Anybody have this happen, could it be coming from the antenna?
PSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #8

Check with your dealer for a leak test. Some of the dealers will pressurize the coach. Then spray it down with soapy water. Great way to find the smallest leaks. Costs a bit, but it may be worth it.
Still Running - - 2008 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 6.4 Diesel
Buckymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #9
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB View Post
Anybody have this happen, could it be coming from the antenna?

I have had a leak from the roof mounted antenae on myKeystone OUTBACK. Cracked sealant caused it to drip right down the handle.

Check around the upper marker/clearance lights for sealant problems. Every roof opening (vent, plumbing stack), and seam.

I also had a window seal leak, (rubber trim) and water ended up on my TV stand. (Outback also) A little caulking fixed the problem.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 AM   #10

PSB, maybe there was a Super bowl party going on in your camper wile it was a the dealers, the water may be from the condensate from there beer cans
Old 02-24-2008, 04:26 PM   #11

Manuf. forgot to seal seam behind rear backup camera. Took a while to find as water seemed to be entering mh from window below and to the right of camera. A little sealant and aok.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote