Old 06-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #1

water puddle on roof

We have had our used 2001 Rockwood Roo ( 21 ft ) for two weeks now. It is in our driveway where we are learning about its features. There was a large amount of water on the roof puddled around the air conditioner unit. I just climbed on a ladder, sopping it all up with four bath towels, toss and pull technique. Is this something that we should be concerned with? It is Sunday today. There was rain Friday. And we ran the air conditioner on Saturday to see if it worked. It does. Was the water puddled from the rain? or from running the a/c unit? Should we be concerned? I have other questions about what to do to care for this fabric/cloth roof.

casabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #2

If the trailer is level then there should be no water pooling on the roof. I would do some serious inspection to see if the ceiling inside is sagging also. Some of the lighter trailers have had issues with sagging roofs due to insufficient roof structure to support the AC's weight. While this may not be your case, it is still worth a very close inspection. If you find nothing and the trailer is not level then that is probably all that happened.

donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #3

It is level.

It is level. Interior sag? If I run my hand over the ceiling what do I look for?
Old 06-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #4

Get on a ladder and sight with your eyes across the ceiling. If there is sagging around the AC unit you have a problem. Another option would be to use a lazer light shine it across the ceiling and look or measure at both ends and around the AC unit. The roof should be bowed up to allow for water run off.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #5

So the roof is sagged. Especially at the a/c unit. We decided to park it tilted back. Up on front end and down on back end. Three days of off/on rain. Nicely improved but we have a future of a sagging roof. How does anyone if ever restore the bow in a roof? If never, we have a future of parking inclined or under a roof ( when we can put up a structure/roof over it somewhere at home here. so for now it sits out next to the horse barn, uncovered. )