Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #21

Hi, this company makes a polish that they recommend using after the cleaner wax is applied. They also said not to use the cleaner wax on the decals. I use the polish, it works great.
bob278953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #22

This is what I use. I've been using waterless cleaners on my vehicles for about 15 years and using this one for about 4 or 5 of those years. The initial cost its high, but after that, maybe 30 bucks for 6 or more months. No more water spots to deal with and you can do any amount you want. Do the cap after traveling. A few days later, do one side. Do it in the shade or do it in the sun. With the telescoping pole, I don't have to deal with ladders. On my car and truck, I use it on the weatherstripping around windows and use it on the windows. It works a bit like rain-x.

Aircraft RV Cleaner Waterless Wash Wax Detailing Products Supplies

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_7vwovlbgzo_e

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:42 AM   #23

Used NuFinish this fall, went on and buffed out easily, even on the decals and in direct sunlight. Washed trailer first but NuFinish took off those little specks of tar that got left behind during wash.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:57 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob278953 View Post
Hi, this company makes a polish that they recommend using after the cleaner wax is applied. They also said not to use the cleaner wax on the decals. I use the polish, it works great.
Nu-finish will not hurt decals , is cost effective to use and lasts . does a great job , no sense paying lots for things that don't work as well and then you need to apply them every 30 days unlike nu-finish that lasts months and months ..
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:22 AM   #25

I've been using Nu Finish on my cars, trucks, motorcycles and my RV for years and it works great. But, it takes a lot of time and you have to be careful not to get it on rubber parts etc. I am looking at the aero cosmetics products. My question is do you use this exclusively or is this what you use between waxing to keep the unit shiny. Is it better than products like Turtle Wax Express Shine that I use on my bikes between waxing.
Old 11-04-2016, 10:59 AM   #26

I've been using waterless cleaners on vehicles and RV's for about 12 years now. I used to use Nu Finish before that. It is a great product, but a lot of work. My last two trucks and one car have never had soap and water applied by me. WashWaxAll has different protective coating including UV so there is no need for anything else. I also use a California duster on my vehicles to keep them clean after using the WashWaxAll. Once is is rained on, that doesn't always work. I like that I can get it on rubber, plastic, glass and chrome without issue. One time, I had some of those round stick on convex mirrors on my side view mirrors. A waterless cleaner clouded them. I don't remember what product I was using at the time, so, I would be careful about those little mirrors. Glass shines real well, but you need to use a lot of elbow grease to prevent streaks.
Another plus is that you can do as little or as much as you want at one time. Clean and wax one side this week, do the other side next week. You can even do it in your garage and no problem cleaning and waxing your RV in a park that does not allow washing in their park. All in all, I love it!

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:20 PM   #27

Got this info from Forest River

Exterior Graphic Care Instructions

The graphic package you have purchased was designed for superior durability and requires little maintenance. Please follow the steps below to get the best performance from your graphic package:

• Wash your graphics with soap and water or car wash detergents. Rinse thoroughly. Do not use abrasive sponges (like SOS pads) or abrasive cleaners (like Comet) to clean your graphics.
• Start cleaning at the bottom of the graphic and work up, rinsing the abrasive dirt and contaminants away as you go. Starting at the top can leave streaks below where concentrated cleaner runs down and effectively cleans that surface area more than adjacent areas.
• We recommend that you do not wash your graphics with a high-pressure sprayer such as a power washer. Try to avoid the graphics when power washing your RV walls. High-pressure sprayers can contain enough force to lift the edge of your graphic and cause it to peel.
• Do not overcoat your graphics with clear paint of any kind. Your graphics already have a clear coat over them.
• Do not let gasoline or other fuels drip or remain on your graphics for any length of time. If a spill occurs, wipe off the graphic and rinse with water immediately.
• Do not use petroleum-based solvents on your graphics. They will soften the vinyl and damage the clear coat and / or ink.
• Do not apply wax over your graphics, especially if the wax contains any petroleum or silicone distillates. Car wax will not improve the finish of graphics and can damage the surface of vinyl graphics after repeated exposure. If you do wax your RV, wax that has dried along the edge of a graphic can be removed by first softening it with rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs. Be sure to rinse the area after cleaning.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, wax