Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #1

wet under mattress in 2014 avenger 23fbs

I am new to this, not camping but posting. So, just purchased used 2014 Avenger Touring Edition 23fbs. It has been raining here and when I went out to strip the bed, on one side the platform that the mattress sits on is wet and so is the padding and sheets. Any others out there with this issue so that I have an idea on where the water is coming in at? Did not purchase the over priced warranty on this unit. Don't know if this is necessary info, but drove home yesterday from Villanueva State Park, New Mexico in blowing rain. Thank you in advance to all who can help.
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #2

Interesting found the same thing with our motorhome. They think it is coming from my window. Is it wet on the wall side?

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #3

Hello,
No, it is only wet on the platform at the head of the bed on one side. After some investigating on the roof area, did see where there were breaks in the epdm cement. Husband did reseal and now will see if this fixes the problem. Since this area is right above the wet area, sounds like this might be it. Only time will tell.
Melody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 23fb