Old 10-18-2017, 02:47 AM   #1

Unhappy What is your class C cap leak experience

Class C specific
I am currently fighting a water leak into the cap. We spent a week in Santa Fe a couple of weeks ago and were pounded with the hardest rainstorm I have ever seen. It lasted for days and was intermittently severe. There were times that it was so intense it was frightening to sit inside. We thought we were getting away free but when I pulled out,I found that we were harboring water under the deck of the cap. I tried a quick patch with eternabond but I really could not identify a specific area. When we got home we found that the leak was still there. I assumed it was the top cap seal so I put down two sheets of 12" wide eternabond from ridge to ridge across the cap seam with a 6" overlap. There is no water getting into that seam. But I am still seeing water inside after the rain. I noted that there is flow across the cap window that is on the side so when I can dry it, I will re caulk it to eliminate that.

I am chasing geese now. What have users experienced with a class C cap seal issues?

Bentspoon
Bentspoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, leak