Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 22
Window seal distorted by freezing temperatures

I own a six-month old Coachmen TT. Water got between the rubber seal and the glass in one of the windows and distorted the rubber seal when the water froze (by pushing the rubber seal out). Now, the seal has separated from the glass and collects water (it is a quarter of an inch out). Is this normal? Should it be covered by the warranty?

Any advise or comments will be appreciated!

RVPhD
__________________

TheRVPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,051
Can't you just push the seal back into the setting area? As for warranty ask your dealer but being only six months you would think its covered.
__________________

__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 4,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRVPhD View Post
I own a six-month old Coachmen TT. Water got between the rubber seal and the glass in one of the windows and distorted the rubber seal when the water froze (by pushing the rubber seal out). Now, the seal has separated from the glass and collects water (it is a quarter of an inch out). Is this normal? Should it be covered by the warranty?

Any advise or comments will be appreciated!

RVPhD
apply some trim adhesive and push it back in place.
__________________
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
apply some trim adhesive and push it back in place.
I wish it could be that easy... the rubber seal has been distorted out of shape and, although it will go in, the distortion remains allowing for the accumulation of more water.

Coachmen Customer Service has offered to send me a new seal but no mention of the installation cost and as always, the dealer does not returns phone calls in the grand tradition of RV Customer Service practices.

Thanks for your input, however.

RV PhD
TheRVPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 22
Please see my reply to "cavie"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Can't you just push the seal back into the setting area? As for warranty ask your dealer but being only six months you would think its covered.
Dealer does not respond to phone calls and Coachmen CC offered to send me a free rubber seal but not to pay for the installation cost.

Thanks for writing.

RV PhD
TheRVPhD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
DouglasReid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Maurice, LA
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRVPhD View Post
Dealer does not respond to phone calls and Coachmen CC offered to send me a free rubber seal but not to pay for the installation cost.

Thanks for writing.

RV PhD
Id accept the seal and take it to the dealer to have it installed. If they won't do it, Id look up a YouTube vid of how to do it and do it myself.

Actually Id probably just do it myself to learn how it is done and not bother with the dealer.
__________________
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL, Gladiator Qr35 ST235/85R16 Load rating G, TST 507 TPMS w/ Flow-thru Sensors & Repeater, Reese Sidewinder 16K Pin Box, PI EMS HW50C
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CCSB LTZ Diesel, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, Turbo Brake activated, 39 gal Aux Tank W/ Fuel Pump transfer, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 air bags.
DouglasReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Id accept the seal and take it to the dealer to have it installed. If they won't do it, Id look up a YouTube vid of how to do it and do it myself.

Actually Id probably just do it myself to learn how it is done and not bother with the dealer.
X-2 to DouglasReid
You can probably do it yourself better and faster than you can even drive to the dealer - and then you'ed have to wait for it.
__________________

ProfChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seal, window

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.


×