Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #1

Would the sales rep know delamination?

Yesterday, my husband and I put a deposit on a used 2007 Terry Dakota. The unit is immaculate, it looks and smells new inside. My husband noticed what appeared to be a shiny spot about 20" in diameter on the front of the trailer. It appears that it's a bubble, but there are no cracks. The sales rep - who has years of experience, sort of shrugged it off. After checking it out on these forums, I am horrified to think that it may be delamination.
Is it possible that it could be something else? The sales rep, surely, would know about a problem that sounds to be fairly common and very expensive to repair.
Should we demand our money back and take it elsewhere? I can't find any references to the cost that people paid to have repairs done, but the topic seems laced with a pretty heavy dose of horror! Please, we need some advice!
BadgerClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #2

I think the only reason he shrugged it off is to make the sale. If I saw a bubble on fiberglass siding like that I wouldn't touch that trailer with a 10 foot pole who knows what will be behind that wall
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #3

Thank you. As I'm thinking about it, as we were leaving, he asked if I was a lawyer (I mentioned to my husband that I have hearings this week). He did seem relieved when I mentioned that they were labour relations hearings. Very unethical, I am thinking. He must have known what it was - I have seen even more posts here and am now just hoping that they will return our $500.00 deposit.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #4
Site Team

Don't ask for your deposit back. Demand it. The salesman knows he is wrong and if you are assertive, you will get your deposit back. I would not buy anything else from him no matter how hard he tries.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #5

Agreed. We were assured that this unit was inspected and in perfect order. Clearly not! The good news is that forums like this are available and I am quite certain that we are not the only people who have been pulled out of the fire because of that.
I was so excited about this TT. Now, I will be having nightmares about such a close call. Thanks for the help! I won't buy ANYTHING there!
Old 11-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #6

It will make you all the wiser as you continue the search...it may just take a little longer

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #7

They really have to give your deposit back, they know it is delamination. I would run away from that dealership. Remember it is a deposit only. If they get an attitude with you which some will. Demand that the wall be replaced before finale payment. I don't think it will go that far. They will want to give you your deposit back. Then find a honest good dealer. I trust a dealer as far as I can throw them. I guess I shouldn't list all dealers in that, there are some good ones out there. As proven on this forum plus the bad ones that are proven also. If it is so easy to repair why didn't they do it before they listed it for sale?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delamination