Old 07-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
2003 GS272 side front window leak/front storage leak

We just bought a 2003 GS272 and have been having a few water problems.

We have had water coming in the front storage area door under the couch. We think the seal on the door was leaking, so I replaced it with some foam rubber weatherstrip from menards, but I think it is still dribbling in. Should I call the dealer and just order replacement weatherstrip? Is there a better product that I can get to seal the door? I think it was only a dribble when we checked with a watering can.

That is one issue. Then yesterday we had a rain and we checked the front, and it was soaked. In with the dehumidifier, fans and shop vac. Today we had some rain and we checked the camper and now the curb-side front window is leaking. It seem like the rain is pooling up in the track and can't get out the two drain slots fast enough. It fills up the track, and then fills the second track behind, the one the screen slides in, and then when it fills that it runs down onto the counter area next to the couch. I cleaned the slots out with a little screwdriver, inside and out, but they just can't run enough water to drain it well. The awning track ends right above the window and door. Sheets of water run down the side of the camper when we get a rain. I ended up jacking up the front of the camper to cause the rain to run off the rear of that same awning side track instead of the front. That seems to help, the water hardly runs down the window anymore, and the drains have no problem keeping up. Is that the best solution? I will be sure to keep the nose up from now on(in the driveway) and watch it. I just don't think the water should be leaking in between the panes like it was. Is it time for new weatherstrip from the dealer, or a new window unit? Do the newer ones leak under the same circumstance? I would like to find a small rain gutter to install above the window. I worry about when rain comes down sideways at the window, and mimics the water running off the rain gutter. I had an old fleetwood prowler, and I am dismayed that our new to us camper has all these water leaks. I never thought we would be having so much water coming in. Does anyone have some tips or suggestions? I would be happy to hear them.

hatleyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Hi Tyler.

Welcome to FRF.

As for the awning track, there are gutter extensions that may help with water run-off.

Seems you have your share of leaks. Those need to be tended to right away. Check with your local dealer to see if they have a Leak Tester. With the Leak Tester connected, leaks can be located and repaired as necessary.

YouTube - RV Leak Test
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote