Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2015, 02:39 PM   #1

2015 Cherokee entry door sticking

Our camping group went to the RV show last year and 6 families ended up buying the same 274DBH FR Cherokee. We are all having issues with the entry door hinges sticking making it almost impossible to pull open. The middle hinge seems to be the culprit and it is rubbing the paint off of the door as well. Very frustrating for a camper less than a year old. I also purchased the TT in Indiana and now live near KC and have found it almost impossible to get warranty work completed. I've found that other Forest River dealers are not obligated to complete warranty work if not purchased there. Love the floor plan but having buyers remorse d/t poor customer service after purchase. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chad
robertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:35 PM   #2

I have a 2016 Cherokee. The doors are special friction hinged doors that prevent the wind from blowing them open/closed and damaging siding or smashing kids fingers. We love them.
Thelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:02 AM   #3

I understand the principle of the friction hinged door, however I am 6'1", 210 lb man and the front door is difficult to open. There is no way my 4 yr old could open the door on her own. I'm sure they were not made to be this difficult.
robertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:12 AM   #4
Who Dares, Wins

Maybe try to loosen them with some silicone spray or wd40? I do not have this style hinge on our 26dbh so I cannot give any better help, sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #5

Was it like this when you took delivery or has it gotten worse?
Thelegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #6

We bought a 2015 Cherokee 304BH and have the same issue with the door. The middle hinge sticks badly and seems to be worse when the door heats up from the sun. Had service out to look at it and the service tech thought it could be a warranty issue, but the dealer felt otherwise. May go to Forest River for further investigation.
nelsonlynnm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, door