Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2015, 12:33 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to PHILIPHD Send a message via Skype™ to PHILIPHD
2015 Georgetown 378 XLF Side Door Latch

I am having trouble with the side entry door latch. It binds, pops open when driving down the road unless I have the deadbolt locked.

I took this to the dealer for repair and they removed the Forest River lock set and replaced it with an another lock set they stock. Everything worked fine but this lock set didn't line up with the vehicles paint. So they sent the original lock set back to Forest River for repair or replacement. I then took it back and the Forest River lockset was reinstalled. Everything worked fine at the dealership, however as I was driving home the door popped open. I stopped and closed the door but once again it was not closing smoothly. I have to make another appointment with my dealer to get this fixed. Is there something they are doing wrong when installing and adjusting this lock set or is it a poor design problem and should I have the after market lock set put back in and have the paint touched up to match.

HELP
PHILIPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:57 AM   #2

Sorry about your issue and NO the entry door should not be opening by itself. Sounds like they are not adjusting the striker plate properly. If you look at you lock you see the 2 pins that are sticking out they should line up with the U shape in the striker plate. Also make sure the latch is centered in the opening. Hope this helps.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to PHILIPHD Send a message via Skype™ to PHILIPHD
Door Latch

Took it back to dealer for adjustment. Seems to be ok now.
PHILIPHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 01:08 PM   #4

Georgetown 2015. 360. Same issue with door opening AND then stairs would extend It was in need of a striker plate adjustment. We have learned to use at least one door lock while driving---just in case. To prevent door opening and stairs extending out
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, georgetown