Old 04-10-2015, 10:37 AM   #1

2015 Grey Wolf Entry Doors Sticking

My name is George and I am new to the Forest River Forums. I just purchased a new 2015 GW 26RL in Indiana in February and now when I'm in Phoenix with the warmer temps, both entry doors are very difficult to open or close. I've searched the forums and have not found an exact case as mine. Unit is parked in storage facility on level ground with slider retracted. In the morning when no sun is on the doors, they open and close fine. When the afternoon sun shines on them, both doors do not want to open and you must apply great force on the handle to get them to open. Both screen doors open and close fine. So it looks like it is the expansion of either the door or frame (or both) that creates the contact. I've contaced my local dealer and cannot get an appointment for 30 days. Hard to believe I can adjust the doors enough to prevent this contact. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	73753  

geokolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #2

Are both doors doing it? Is it the lock mechanism or the actual door in the frame? Can you see where the contact points are happening? Make sure your unit is level front to back and side to side.

If it is the lock/pin mechanism they adjust similar to a regular house door. Mine was catching (the inside bathroom door) when level so I removed the 2 screws in the housing and slid it forward a quarter inch.

If it is the door in the frame the best bet is in light close the door slowly and look for contact points in crack as it nears close. Make sure the doors are clean of debris then go from there.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:28 AM   #3

Thanks. Yes it is both exterior entry doors. The areas around the door latch does not appear to be contacting. It appears to be the lower and upper radius areas opposite the hinge that is contacting the door frame. Unit is perfectly level, side-to-side and front to back.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #4

Is there any room for hinge adjustment? Meaning is the gap by the hinges more than the gap on the lock mechanism side? Maybe the doors arent squared in and you could move them back with a hinge adjustment. Not sure if this is possible. When the doors arent sticking in the colder weather is the gap the same all the way around?

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #5

Those are some good questions you have. I should check the gaps in the morning and afternoon to see exactly where the interference is coming from. The door hinges are pop riveted to the frame and door so there are no hinge adjustments possible. I talked with an RV repair tech and he said the only repair possible is to expand the door frame through mechanical means. He also said until I can get that done, use some silicone spray on the contact points. Thanks for your suggestions. Al least I will know where the rubs are.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
door, grey wolf