Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2019, 11:57 AM   #1

2018 Grey Wolf 26DBH Stuck Doors

Hello, I have a 2018 Grey Wolf 26DBH and have had a problem with the doors since I have owner it. When temps rise and the sun is on the entry doors, the doors are very hard to open and close. I had it in the dealer last year before the warranty ran out. However, because it was September, they could not duplicate the issues. Well it is starting to happen again but now it is out of warranty. I noticed yesterday the physical door contacts the striker plate and rubs adding resistance. The screen door latch screws are stripped out because of this getting caught as well! I am worried that if there were a fire and the emergency exit window were blocked, my family and I might not be able to exit if the doors were stuck. Has anyone else had this issue? The doors are friction style hinges so no adjustment that I know of!
billybigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #2

Shout out to Terry at Forrest River! If you are experiencing this same issue, please reach out to Forrest River for support!
billybigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:14 AM   #3

If you noted the problem with your dealer and/or FR when you were under warranty, even if that warranty is passed now, it's still covered. If your dealer will not help you, you can contact FR directly.
email is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26dbh, door, grey wolf