We recently took our first long-ish road trip with our new RV. Things went better than I expected, but we did run into what feels like a serious challenge. When we pulled in the side-out at our last stop, the entire side-out is angled up, creating a 2 to 3 inch gap between the floor & the edge of the side-out. I went outside to see how well it was sealed, if there were obvious misalignments from the outside, etc.
I found that the awning that covers the side-out when extended was completely unanchored. All six of the screws that attach the awning to the top bracket had sheared off. I tried to tighten one of the two screws that appeared to still be in place, and it literally fell out into my hands
I've secured it with a couple of anchoring straps so that we could make it home, and have an appointment to take it in for the warranty work. IMHO, the screws are far too small to support that weight & wind-stress -- clear design / engineering problem, but you might want to check yours to see if you're developing the same issue. & take action before you live my dream.
I've attached pics so you can see what I'm talking about. The 1st shows the holes where the screws should be. The second shows a screw (in place," which you can see is actually sheared & falling out. And the third is one of the sheared screws so you can see how inadequate they are.