Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #21
54 Years, 13 RV's

I would still have the dealer "finish" the delivery to your home. That way an experienced driver can finish the "Maiden Voyage".
Old 03-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #22

Snow on the roof?? Anything wet get inside the wall for mold to grow?
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #23
54 Years, 13 RV's

Probably all happened and will get opened up too quick for mold growth.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #24

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It is truely appreciated.

I’ll be having a conversation with the dealer on Monday, but as I mentioned before they have really been great throughout the whole process.

If I get any more pictures, I’ll post hem here.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:47 PM   #25

I was a dealer Auto Tech for 25 years, I would have no problem accepting a repair from the factory, you wil not be able to tell anything happened, they have the guys on hand that can make sure it is fixed,the repair team is probably more experienced than the "new guy" that installed the first awning LOL. I myself have done a lot of repairs the "first guy" got involved with.LOL

Try to get an answer on how long it will take to get the camper fixed and when it will be delivered to you.
Keep us posted. Now if they have an identical camper in stock at your dealer it would just be a paperwork shuffle to get you in another one. Let us know if possible.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:48 PM   #26

Awning came off unit during delivery!

I had my trailer at the factory for some repairs. They went above and beyond on almost everything, even to the extent on fixing some things that were my fault. I would find out what they are doing and how. I did this with the soft spot on my floor and made sure they fixed it from below. You can try to get a deal sweetener, which i would think would come from FR. Maybe there was an option you didnt get they can throw in. Defiantly ask them to go through the whole camper, which they might anyways. Either way it is in the best hands and as long as they told me what i wanted to hear, and followed thru on it....you should ben good go to. I would accept it even without a deal sweetener, although it would make me happier.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:35 AM   #27

Awning came off unit

If they took it to the factory it will be done right, even if they have to replace the whole side to make it right. Forrest River has a great service/repair department.I know from personal experience. My 2015 Flagstaff had problems. some things dealer tried to fix and did a poor job and other things I found and didn't want dealer to fix. I sent pictures and description of issues and the reply I got was WOW we need your unit back. I can assure you, on mine anyway they did a great job. They had to replace floor, to do that they raised the whole unit off. I personally took mine back and went over the issues. They even repaired dammage fron a blown tire and storm dammage fron a hail storn at no charge. I was reimbursed my expenses and they returned it to me at no charge. So I'm sure they will do the same for you. Rest easy it will all be good when you gei it. Have a great time camping.
831 BHDS Flagstaff 2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 07:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordHauler View Post
My turn to make the popcorn.....
Travel safe
Pass the butter and salt please !
FarmerJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning