Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 07:32 PM   #1
Cadiz Couple

Awning Disconnect Switch

The instructions for the awning on my Rockwood 8310 tells me to be sure, after I am electrically hooked to my truck (and unhooked from an external source) to activate the switch to extend my awning, to be certain that the switch has been disabled, when it is powered from my truck.....so as to be sure that the awning will not unintentionally extend while the truck and trailer are in motion. My awning switch still works when electrically hooked to my truck.....can anyone tell me how to fix this problem, other than hiring a dealer? Thanks
Cadiz Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
GLCM Warrior

I had the same issue with the awning on my Wildcat. I asked my dealer about it and he said the awnings don't work as described in the manual anymore. Like you, I wasn't satisfied with that,

I found that if I pull my battery disconnect switch that power to the awning is removed and that works well as long as we don't want to run the fridge while going down the road. However, we quite often do run the fridge while going down the road so, now I just pull the DC fuse for the awning whenever I roll it in for travel.

I also added a travel lock to the awning so that it can't unfurl even if the roller tube holding mechanism gives way which would allow the awning to unroll even without the power applied.
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, switch