Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #1

Awning - Gap between camper and rail

Hi all, the pic isn't great, but on my 36bhq, there is a quarter inch gap between the camper wall and the awning rail. This gap appears on both rails. There is movement as the awning is opened and even in a light breeze. It seems that this will put too much pressure on the bolt and will eventually pull the bolt out of the wall. Anyone have a similar issue? My dealer took at look and told me it's ok as is. At my request, they all take a closer look tomorrow. If they don't fix it, I'll likely fit it myself by replacing with larger bolts and more bolts, but I'd prefer this gets fixed under warrantee.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180422_162958.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	178.3 KB
ID:	170175  
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #2

I have same awning and it sits flat and no movement when used. I don't think that is right.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #3

the picture isn't the greatest but I would think if the wall was flat and the awning bracket was flat the gap would not be there. Seems it would flex and possibly loosen or cause damage?
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:38 PM   #4

Angry Domestic Awning Separation 2019 EPro 19fb

Have new 2019 Flagstaff EPRO 19fb. Traveling I 70 Kansas / Colorado boarder, after navigating high winds to fine the rear awning rail had separated from the coach body and was still attached by the top bolt but the two lower points of attachment had pulled out of the points of attachment. The only thing holding the rear rail was 4 rivets attached only to the fiberglass shell of maybe 1/32 of an inch. I would not drive with the awning until I checked and secured the awning with something more substantial than a rivet through a fiberglass shell. The awning must have been designed to attach to the frame at the very minimum. I will contact a Flagstaff Dealer tomorrow.

Cubby Callahan
cubby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, camper