Old 03-18-2014, 01:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Would you keep us updated on how this proceeds.
Sure will Brother Les! Thanks to all who gave their input and concern., I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.

thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #22

Well everyone, the latest from FR is.. that caulking a leaking gutter and awning is an acceptable repair. So, I will be making the repair myself. At least I'll know that its done to my standards.
I have come to the conclusion that I will not purchase another salem or perhaps a FR product again.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #23

The repairs that you make your self will be better than CW.

I just paid a Dealer 150.00 to fix a factory error. I was told by the Dealer where I bought the unit that it was not reimbursable because I did not 'ask' them or FR to have this other Dealer do the work.

1) water pours from the bathtub faucet into the wall cavity, and out into the main floor area.
2) Leaving on a 1200 mile trip one way.
3) Selling Dealer could not look at unit before I leave.
4) Dealer 8 miles from my house fixed same day I asked. Peeled back wall, tightened hose, fixed wall. Also did a front to back inspection and gave me a list for the Selling Dealer to fix when I get back.
5) called selling dealer and they will fix the list when get back, but will not consider reimbursement for work done because of Factory Error. Why do I say factory error. It leaked from the day we bought it, but the water from the wall cavity was leaking on top of the gray tank under the tub (water damage evidence under the tub). Because of the tilt of the unit at my house the water flowed the other direction and into the main floor area. (I was POed that the wife was using too much water.... now I know... and had to buy her gifts for me being a bee hind....

Your unit may turn out to be the best unit you will ever have. Give it a little time to shake out and know that FR will only go so far with their mistakes. Yes, I consider your channel gap placement a builder mistake that should not have happened. Don't dwell on this... enjoy the unit and your family. Life is too short to try to fix (FR) things that can never be fixed. In life, change what you can for the right, and truly know that we can change no one or thing but ourselves.

Blessings

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:46 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
The repairs that you make your self will be better than CW.

I just paid a Dealer 150.00 to fix a factory error. I was told by the Dealer where I bought the unit that it was not reimbursable because I did not 'ask' them or FR to have this other Dealer do the work.

1) water pours from the bathtub faucet into the wall cavity, and out into the main floor area.
2) Leaving on a 1200 mile trip one way.
3) Selling Dealer could not look at unit before I leave.
4) Dealer 8 miles from my house fixed same day I asked. Peeled back wall, tightened hose, fixed wall. Also did a front to back inspection and gave me a list for the Selling Dealer to fix when I get back.
5) called selling dealer and they will fix the list when get back, but will not consider reimbursement for work done because of Factory Error. Why do I say factory error. It leaked from the day we bought it, but the water from the wall cavity was leaking on top of the gray tank under the tub (water damage evidence under the tub). Because of the tilt of the unit at my house the water flowed the other direction and into the main floor area. (I was POed that the wife was using too much water.... now I know... and had to buy her gifts for me being a bee hind....

Your unit may turn out to be the best unit you will ever have. Give it a little time to shake out and know that FR will only go so far with their mistakes. Yes, I consider your channel gap placement a builder mistake that should not have happened. Don't dwell on this... enjoy the unit and your family. Life is too short to try to fix (FR) things that can never be fixed. In life, change what you can for the right, and truly know that we can change no one or thing but ourselves.

Blessings
Brother Les, You are absolutely right. We will continue to enjoy our TT, and the times that we share in it. I guess I was really hoping to get a different answer from FR, but it is what it is. Thanks for the kind words and all of your helpful insight.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:48 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatoutdoors View Post
Well everyone, the latest from FR is.. that caulking a leaking gutter and awning is an acceptable repair. So, I will be making the repair myself. At least I'll know that its done to my standards.
I have come to the conclusion that I will not purchase another salem or perhaps a FR product again.
OK,the gutter rails are (Spliced) at different locations on our Units,depends on (Length) of unit. Now ours is (34+feet) so we have some (Butt joint splices) they ALL leaked! The Fac.put a (GLOB) of caulking around each splice. If you want to (Stop) the leaks this is what I did! Clean out the Gutter area inside (U),remove any caulk or RTV,clean inside area with Awsome cleaner, now cut a (Patch of EternaBond) 2x2 and wrap this around a pencil,lay in the gutter U area over the Butt joint,slowly unroll the (EternaBond) pressing to the contour of the gutter! Now there is no HUMP Dam to catch debris in the Gutter U and the leak is stopped! Youroo!!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:12 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
OK,the gutter rails are (Spliced) at different locations on our Units,depends on (Length) of unit. Now ours is (34+feet) so we have some (Butt joint splices) they ALL leaked! The Fac.put a (GLOB) of caulking around each splice. If you want to (Stop) the leaks this is what I did! Clean out the Gutter area inside (U),remove any caulk or RTV,clean inside area with Awsome cleaner, now cut a (Patch of EternaBond) 2x2 and wrap this around a pencil,lay in the gutter U area over the Butt joint,slowly unroll the (EternaBond) pressing to the contour of the gutter! Now there is no HUMP Dam to catch debris in the Gutter U and the leak is stopped! Youroo!!
Thanks Youroo, where do I find EternaBond?
Old 03-20-2014, 11:19 AM   #27

Most C/W or Good Dealers have it. Do a Search. Youroo!!Buy a Small roll for Next needed use!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #28

Thanks Youroo, I'll look into that.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:21 AM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatoutdoors View Post
Thanks Youroo, where do I find EternaBond?
How much do you need?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
How much do you need?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Proabably just enough to seal 1 gutter rail with a gap of approx. 1/16-1/8" Turbs

Tags
awning, leak