Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beadyeyez View Post
We have a 2013 and the rail under the awning has the exact same leak. The pictures show the EXACT same joint and the bend on the corner. I think it's on purpose for some reason. We don't get water leaking inside the camper though. There is a shroud above the door that redirects the water leak down the side of the door. I am going to attempt to post pictures of it.
I think its poor design and an attempt to save money by not using more pieces than necessary.
I agree on the poor design, I don't think ours has the deflector over the door though. I will have to check when we the camper back from C.W. (AGAIN)
But I'm pretty sure it doesn't, I remember getting wet whenever we opened the door the door. I did try the "roofing caulk" method, only because it is a little more rubbery, but it still leaked. Now I think it leaks at the stitching on the awning itself.
thegreatoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatoutdoors View Post
I agree on the poor design, I don't think ours has the deflector over the door though. I will have to check when we the camper back from C.W. (AGAIN)
But I'm pretty sure it doesn't, I remember getting wet whenever we opened the door the door. I did try the "roofing caulk" method, only because it is a little more rubbery, but it still leaked. Now I think it leaks at the stitching on the awning itself.
Ours also leaked after sealing the join. Because the awning is high, water runs down toward the track that the awning edge is in and runs along the track. What I did there is I got up on the roof and ran a bead of silicone along the awning where it goes in the track.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatoutdoors View Post
I had one leak at the sewn seam just before the roof rail also. I couldn't believe that could leak but it just got worse. They sell seam seal, not sure what it is, I used clear silicone and smeared into all the sewn holes, no more leak. Repair could not be seen from under the awning.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, leak