Old 06-01-2015, 12:15 PM   #1

Awning pitch

I have a 2014 Rockwood 8289ws Fifth wheel with 2 awnings, one that comes out from the dining area slide and another that covers the door area. There is virtually no pitch away from the trailer. Actually the awning over the door appears to pitch towards the trailer. Originally I was told that we had to adjust the black knobs ( which of course don't stay well) to get the pitch we want once the awning was powered out. It didn't make sense but I feel for that explanation for a bit. The more I looked around and asked other campers about their awnings the more it didn't make sense. So back I went to the dealer. He took pictures and measurements and sent them to Dometic. The response from them was that they are that way because there isn't much clearance from the top of the door and the awning mounting bracket. Sooo apparently it was designed that way???

Still not falling for that excuse! Anyone have that problem?

realtor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Search "self storing awning supports" on this forum

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...kit-49765.html

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #3

I have a similar issue on my Rockwood 8310SS TT, in that at the normal pitch the awning goes out to, the top of my door rubs the awning when I open. That cant be good. Obviously it gets even worse when I pitch the back side lower for drainage. I woo would love any suggestions.

Nights Glamped - 2015 - 24
Nights Glamped - 2016 - 2018 - Seasonal
Nights Glamped - 2019 - on the road again!!
wpgman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:39 PM   #4

I forgot to mention that I emailed Dometic and gave them my model #'s of the awning and brackets asking them what should the pitch be. Their response was that there should be about a 6 inch drop based on the models I gave. This leads me to believe either the wrong brackets were installed or parts of the brackets are wrong causing no pitch. There wasn't any mention from them about door clearance.
realtor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtor44 View Post
I have a 2014 Rockwood 8289ws Fifth wheel with 2 awnings, one that comes out from the dining area slide and another that covers the door area. There is virtually no pitch away from the trailer. Actually the awning over the door appears to pitch towards the trailer. Originally I was told that we had to adjust the black knobs ( which of course don't stay well) to get the pitch we want once the awning was powered out. It didn't make sense but I feel for that explanation for a bit. The more I looked around and asked other campers about their awnings the more it didn't make sense. So back I went to the dealer. He took pictures and measurements and sent them to Dometic. The response from them was that they are that way because there isn't much clearance from the top of the door and the awning mounting bracket. Sooo apparently it was designed that way???

Still not falling for that excuse! Anyone have that problem?
I use Oc's Poles but without them when I extend them both they do drain to the outside not at the door set up normally. When it rains I put and umbrella between them so you don't get wet walking out and just bungee the handle to the arm, works well I'm so PROUD of myself. You have to open it after you stick it through and retract it before removel Just an old saying I always tell my DW is "TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT" but it best to use the poles and brackets if he has any left. I think Turbs might still have some he designed and they come with tie downs. ... A son is always trying to out do his DAD.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning