Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #21
Site Team

Yes. Mine dumps. Was sitting inside watching TV during a heavy rain and thought a limb fell on the camper when it dumped. Makes alot of noise and shakes the camper. Never heard of it before that.
I like the feature but prefer to tilt is for constant drain.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:38 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedcat View Post
The QBOK has a 20' awning, and even though I love the covered space, it is more susceptible to water weigh and sagging prior to "dumping". I also prefer lowering one side so I can somewhat control the sag effect and can direct where the water runs off. As others have said, the dump can be a large amount and you never know when and where it will happen. Our OK slide out is not under the awning but I do have a sag issue with the slide toppers, especially over the living room slide. When it rains it sags down to the top of the slide. How do those that have this same issue address it? I have read where some put a beach ball under the topper/on top of the slide..any other suggestions?
You need to tighten the spring. I had it done by the crew in Goshen. Theres a lot of tension on that spring that what keeps it tight. I wouldn't try it myself, but your dealer can do it. It should not sag, if it the spring isn't tight that will happen. If I remember right they put like 3 turns on it then reset the pin. A beach ball will only stretch your material out and make it worst. I had one person tell me that if it's to tight it will prevent the slide opening, I just laughed at that. So did the crew at the factory.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Someone on frf has a video of the auto dump feature working.
I can't remember who.
Aquaman?
Qccowboy?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
You need to tighten the spring. I had it done by the crew in Goshen. Theres a lot of tension on that spring that what keeps it tight. I wouldn't try it myself, but your dealer can do it. It should not sag, if it the spring isn't tight that will happen. If I remember right they put like 3 turns on it then reset the pin. A beach ball will only stretch your material out and make it worst. I had one person tell me that if it's to tight it will prevent the slide opening, I just laughed at that. So did the crew at the factory.
If the topper is an A&E the install calls for 13 turns of the tensioner on each end. However; some slides are not as deep as others and the tension when deployed is not sufficient for taughtness. I changed a couple toppers on my coach and adjusted the tension accordingly (added turns where needed). Could also be yours were not adjusted properly when installed. You are correct, they should not sag as the OP says they are.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Mine sagged with rain and I increased the tension by 2 turns, not enough, so I increased it another 2 which worked good until we were in FL this last 3 months and a couple of rains overcame the tension so I will increase it 2 more sometime soon. It is real easy to do. Just remove the screws in the shaft on the tension side, remove the shaft and wind in the no. of turns you want, replace the shaft & re-install the screws. Takes about 15 minutes.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Compliments of qccowboy.

The auto dumping feature.

http://s1021.photobucket.com/user/qc...ain-1.mp4.html

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:59 AM   #27

Send a message via Skype™ to dhatfield6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
I would highly recommend a set of poles to permit you to tie the awning down so the material is taut from the unit to the slide out. Whether you use my poles or some other. I will have more brackets later this month. My pole kit will extend to approx. 112" from the ground to the awning bracket.
Thanks Oldcoot, but I do not believe your poles will solve the problem of not being able to get enough slope on the extended awning. The Dometic users manual states a min. of 9 inches. With the design of the slide reaching all the way up the side of the RV, to an inch below the awning attachment on the RV, I am lucky to get 2 inches.

If I slopr the awning any more than this it lays on the coping of the extended slide, thus causing the pooling water.
[FONT=Arial]Trips in 2013-(4) Nights Camped-(56) Trips in 2014-(5), Nights Camped-(60)
Trips in 2015-(4) Nights Camped-(44) Trips in 2016-(2) Nights Camped-(17)
dhatfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning