Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2016, 08:05 AM   #1

Bedroom sliding door issue

Towed my Wildwood back to my house today to pack for a trip. Checked it at the yard, and it was fine. When I got inside after getting it home, both the sliding doors on the master bedroom were closed, the molding with the snap that the door attaches to to keep it open had been torn off the wall on both sides, and one door was half off the sliding track attached to the ceiling. Apparently the plastic clip that holds the door onto the mount that glides on the track has broken. Lucky for me there was no other damage to the walls, or the entertainment center. I'll ask the forum, where can I source the parts for the sliding doors? I've got a call into the dealer but I want to check in other places to see if there are better options out there to secure the doors to the track.
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:47 AM   #2

Name:   ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1464684394.901437.jpg
Views: 2206
Size:  38.6 KB
I assume you mean this part? I had 2 break last year. Got the part that goes into the door for 5$ cdn at our local rv part store.

2011 F-150 Supercrew Ecoboost.

2015 Salem 27 DBud.
Domtherrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:34 PM   #3

Sliding doors off tracks

On the 29HFS, what is the easiest way to remove the sliding doors? Roller came off track during move from dealer to house, 2 hours away. Any suggestions on repairing the door and/or how to remove and repair?
DJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:42 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

There is a swing out clip that holds the roller to the door. These clips are usually plastic and can break quite easily. They have a metal alternative that seems to hold up. Picture above is an example of such a roller clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:01 PM   #5

Door Hardware

I just purchased components from JohnsonHardware.com, take that back you can get Johnson hardware components at Menards rather than ordering online.
jblane56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domtherrien View Post
Attachment 109620
I assume you mean this part? I had 2 break last year. Got the part that goes into the door for 5$ cdn at our local rv part store.

2015 Salem 27 DBud.

that is TOTALLY the part. Now to get the dealer on board. 2 calls, 2 messages, not heard back from them....par for the course as dealers go.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblane56 View Post
I just purchased components from JohnsonHardware.com, take that back you can get Johnson hardware components at Menards rather than ordering online.
Great website!
Old 06-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #8

I couldn't get it from Johnson without paying an arm and leg with customs and exchange. I got lucky checking out fraserway rv.

2015 Salem 27 DBud.
Domtherrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblane56 View Post

Ordered the parts from Johnsonhardware.com

I ordered 4 of the brackets and am switching out all 4. The brackets I bought have metal clips, not plastic. I figure switching out all 4 protects me from this happening again. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that website. I don't have a menards around me, and my Home Depot didn't have equivalent parts in stock.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:59 AM   #10

Seems many are modifying or upgrading the sliding doors in our units. The change I made worked great and much nicer than the swing door taking up space. Glad I could help with the website location for some of you. Safe travels.
jblane56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #11

May I expand the discussion? I have the same issue. I'm needing to remove the top track, I'm assuming, to replace the above-mentioned part.
My question --- is there any magic song-and-dance in getting the track aligned when putting it back on?

Larry Tiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #12

Just align the screw holes...
Old 08-25-2016, 10:02 AM   #13

Thank you. I was praying it was this simple.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:12 PM   #14

Thanks for that confidence-building tip. Everything went well. The pulleys in the tract had one facing one way and the other facing opposite, so I reversed one of them.

Old 11-15-2016, 09:35 PM   #15

In the off-chance at this late date some one else runs into this problem.
The woodwork around the track is stapled so I separated it to replace rollers and then replaced the brad staples with screws. Then I added a second bottom door guide to bottom wall to keep it in place when open. So far so good. Stayed in place all last year
updhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:11 AM   #16

All metal hanger plate

I bought the hanger plate from JohnsonHardware.com as suggested above. It worked great initially but was broke again in a week. The plastic core in these gave out. Does anyone know of an all metal version of this part?

Tags
bed, door, roo