Old 09-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #1

Best Awning Replacement Fabric

We will be needing to replace our awning fabric soon. There are a lot of options out there, from $150-$300. We would like to get a vinyl one with a weather guard on it. The old one was vinyl without a weather guard. What brand do you recommend and why? We want quality without breaking the bank.

SlyCamperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 PM   #2

I agree with you. I think any vinyl awnings with a metal weather shield could likely last the life of the coach. I like vinyl because it is easier to wash and clean than acrylic cloth. However acrylic cloth is extremely durable compared to vinyl. I suspect there should be other replies that can advise better than mine. However, when I am in the market for a replacement awning, I am going to seek a vinyl one with a metal weather shield. Actually, the vinyl awnings come with a vinyl weather shield at the top to the best of my knowledge. However, it is that weather shield that fails due to UV exposure. Metal is much less damaged by the sun.

Splitshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #3

Thanks for your input. I am hoping to get a vinyl awning with a metal weather guard. I didnít know that the vinyl ones came with a vinyl guard. I definitely donít want one that would deteriorate from UV exposure. We installed vent covers to avoid frequent replacement of those.
SlyCamperz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, replacement