Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterJr View Post
Been to FL - too muggy. West Coast gal.
Couldn't resist answering your comment about muggy in Florida in Jan . . It is not muggy in Florida in the winter . South of Orlando it IS WARM in Jan . ! We've been to the Southwestern States for the winter and Florida for the winter. There is no comparison . Florida is FAR warmer than Arizona . Having said that , I do understand we are all different ! I always love to hear about the GIANT bugs in Florida ! We lived there for 3 years (Leesburg) . We wintered there many winters .Very few bugs . We had NO roaches . We took care of our yard and had no ants . There are Gators! Enjoy your Camper where ever you are !! Jim

Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #12

I would not compare AZ with South Florida in the winter, much warmer in Florida. I went to college in Florida from 1967 thru 1971 and although I have traveled thru most of the US, for the winter my choice is South Florida. I have not found South Florida to be muggy in the winter. In the summer yes but not the winter.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #13
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJim View Post
Very few bugs . We had NO roaches . We took care of our yard and had no ants . There are Gators! Enjoy your Camper where ever you are !! Jim
I saw what I swear was a seven-foot long "palmetto" bug as I was getting under our dinette seats to get gifts out for Christmas. The first one, I may have peed a little. The second one up by the closet was much less stressful.

NOW- after we left and stopped in Georgia and had a FROG hop out from under our sofa, we were more than a little surprised! Poor guy probably died - we took him to the lake at the campground, but it was COLD outside. I surely wasn't driving back to Orlando to put him back.

I guess parking w/ my slide pushed into the vegetation between the sites wasn't the best plan...
Old 01-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerJim

Couldn't resist answering your comment about muggy in Florida in Jan . . It is not muggy in Florida in the winter . South of Orlando it IS WARM in Jan . ! We've been to the Southwestern States for the winter and Florida for the winter. There is no comparison . Florida is FAR warmer than Arizona . Having said that , I do understand we are all different ! I always love to hear about the GIANT bugs in Florida ! We lived there for 3 years (Leesburg) . We wintered there many winters .Very few bugs . We had NO roaches . We took care of our yard and had no ants . There are Gators! Enjoy your Camper where ever you are !! Jim
FJ were on the Treasure Coast SE florida, been here 5 weeks and yes sir it gets humid here in Dec/Jan, I even got a pic af a Tornado about a mile north from here. Feels like July in Philly area. Not compaining.......