Old 09-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #91

The replacement motors are an all metal unit like kopy kat said. Mine was under the recall and Dometic service was five star. Two techs came to the campgrounds and knew exactly what to do. 40 minutes later they are done, awning works correctly, and we could not be more satisfied with Dometics response and attention to this deal. Wish we could have our tank problems handled by them too instead of FR.

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #92

Where did you find the dometic sticker that showed the date manufactured?

Old 05-06-2014, 10:54 AM   #93

Mine was located on the awning itself, and I could'nt see it till I had the awning totally out.
vp22er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #94

Ok thanks I'll look when I get home today,
My issue is the same as others on here my awning won't close without manually turning roller while another person hold down retract switch.
Bought grey wolf last year during the recall time crossing my finger that that is the problem
Old 05-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #95
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

Send a message via Skype™ to ajmdom
All:

The information we actually need to determine if the awning is affected on the recall are the top two numbers from the sticker directly on the awning (NOT the hardware/arms). If you are able to open the awning up all the way, the sticker is on the roller tube. If you can open it just a little bit, it will be on the under side of the fabric. If you cannot open it at all, please call the awning recall line at 888-447-0003 with your VIN# from your coach and we will try to help you locate the information. Sometimes the manufacturer has that information if the awning was installed at the factory; sometimes not. But, at any rate we can help you. The S/N from the awning and the Model # (and your VIN#) are the three most important pieces we need. We do NOT need the manufacture date - the S/N tells us that. And, the S/N is the only way we have of tracking your awning in our system. The S/N and Model # are the top two numbers on the awning sticker. Please if you have any questions or need help, call our awning recall line between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST (or you can always leave a message) or email awnings@dometic.com. Thank you! Angie Manes, Awning Recall Supervisor
ajmdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #96

Is it still the motor if the procedure to manually retract does not work? I remove the two screws on the right side near where the wires go in but it does not roll up. Both In and Out, all I hear is clicks. I had to roll up by hand to travel.
Loringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #97
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

Dometic Awning Recall - Moving On

All:

I have moved to another area at Dometic and no longer handle the awning recall. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call 888-447-0003 to speak to someone there who can help you.

We appreciate your communication and hope to hear from you should you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Angie Manes
Old 06-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmdom View Post
All:

The information we actually need to determine if the awning is affected on the recall are the top two numbers from the sticker directly on the awning (NOT the hardware/arms). If you are able to open the awning up all the way, the sticker is on the roller tube. If you can open it just a little bit, it will be on the under side of the fabric. If you cannot open it at all, please call the awning recall line at 888-447-0003 with your VIN# from your coach and we will try to help you locate the information. Sometimes the manufacturer has that information if the awning was installed at the factory; sometimes not. But, at any rate we can help you. The S/N from the awning and the Model # (and your VIN#) are the three most important pieces we need. We do NOT need the manufacture date - the S/N tells us that. And, the S/N is the only way we have of tracking your awning in our system. The S/N and Model # are the top two numbers on the awning sticker. Please if you have any questions or need help, call our awning recall line between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST (or you can always leave a message) or email awnings@dometic.com. Thank you! Angie Manes, Awning Recall Supervisor
I certainly hope its a promotion, you certainly deserve it. Sure lots of folks were ready to desert Dometic, you were steering a big ship. Good luck
Old 06-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #99
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

That is very nice of you to say VinceU. I will still be here, checking in on you all if anyone needs anything. I'm not going anywhere too far away!
Old 06-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #100

Interesting about awning issues We have a 2014 T 24 RG Wildcat. At the front door into the bed room the latch that holds the door open is fine but if it is engaged and you went to put the awning out it would make contact with the door and evidently do some damage. One has to make sure that the door is at a 90 degree angle so the front awning arm misses it when being extended. I am looking at putting a strut like our Bullet had that would hold the door at the 90 degree angle. Till then must be careful to make sure the door is closed so the arm will clear it.

Brandon 2
F-150 5.4 platinum
T24 RG Wildcat