Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 01:41 PM   #21
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
I'm on day 16 since Dometic added mine to the Recall list and assigned a repair facility. Called them last week and they said they are still waiting for the motors. Going to call them again today, and then Dometic if the motors have not arrived.

Glad that others are getting faster response and repair.

RodeoGeorge
RodeoGeorge, Im glad I saw this post of yours, I called in when recall was first announced and was told mine were not on the recall list, I knew from earlier post that your 8289ws and mine were on production line at same time, so I called today and sure enough both awnings are now on recall list. Not sure why they did not notify me since they had my information on file. So thanks for the heads up...
rockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Owner/Operator

A big THANK YOU to Angie Manes. Seems that the paperwork associated with my motor replacements (I have 2) got side tracked. Within hours of calling her yesterday, at her request, the situation was resolved, and today the motors arrived and were installed by a service technician.

When I mentioned that I needed to head to a Rodeo in Santa Fe, NM on Saturday, she and Dometic went above and beyond to get-r-done.

Thanks Angie. You're a credit to Dometic, and a valuable asset to their customers.

Yee Haw! No motel in Santa Fe.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #23
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

Send a message via Skype™ to ajmdom
RodeoGeorge - Thank you!!! I am glad we were able to get this taken care of for you. I appreciate your kind words very much. Happy camping! Angie Manes, Dometic
ajmdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:25 AM   #24

It is for situations just like this that I think there should be a rep from all component manufacturers "lurking" on this forum. Angie from Dometic sure went "above and beyond" to get the issues resolved.
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

I am "lurking" now! Thank you very much.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:58 AM   #26
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmdom View Post
Your well appreciated!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #27
Phat Phrog

Quote:
You are amazing Anjie!! I don't have a recall but you made me smile at your amazing first class customer service!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:16 AM   #28
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

Thank you RVChick, you are very kind!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #29
Mod free 5er

Angie, you are very much appreciated and needed for this and other questions. We need someone that really cares and you seem to more than fit the bill very well. Welcome aboard. Thank you.

I have had Dometic awnings since installing my first one by myself in 1976 and have never had a problem with them except on my 08Flagstaff831RLSS and it wouldn't tilt. I cut 2" off one leg and had a permanent tilt for the rain. Other than that, they have been trouble free. Tell your folks to keep up the good work.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #30
Phat Phrog

My XLR is our first Dometic awning and I absolutely love it!! I wondered about its ability to drain, and the first time I deployed it in the rain, it had a tilt built in that I could jot tell. The rain not only drained, it drained away in the perfect spot!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:14 PM   #31
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

RVChick, that is wonderful to hear! I am glad you are happy with your Dometic awning.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Soooooo are awning tie down poles in the works????
Whistling.........
Old 05-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Just wondering......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130531_133855.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	31812  
Old 05-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
Mod free 5er

Or something like these?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Awning tie downs completely set up.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	31819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning being retracted with poles.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	31820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Tie Downs worked great.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	31821  
Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #35

[QUOTE=dalford;386720]Hi Angie, looks like I am in the same boat. We leave Friday morning and awning is stuck out. I have attached a photo of the awning label. I tried calling the office but you are closed now. I will call again in the morning. In the mean time, should I just leave the awning out or try manual retraction? Thanks in advance for your reply.. Don

I need to do an update to this post. I always say that if it were not for the last minute we would not get anything done. Well the awning problem happened at the last minute and we still got it done. We are off on our trip with a new awning motor thanks to you Angie and your recall team at Dometic. My motor failed Tuesday night after Dometic hours. I called Dometic Wednesday morning and got the ball rolling and with the help of Theresa and Debbie and Angie the replacement motor was at the local RV repair shop on Thursday morning. I was ale to get off as planned on our month long trip on Friday morning and am typing this from Jekyll Island Campground in Georgia. I wanted to take the time to thank you Angie and your team for getting the job done in such a short time frame. Well done!

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:01 AM   #36
Mod free 5er

[QUOTE=dalford;390614]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Hi Angie, looks like I am in the same boat. We leave Friday morning and awning is stuck out. I have attached a photo of the awning label. I tried calling the office but you are closed now. I will call again in the morning. In the mean time, should I just leave the awning out or try manual retraction? Thanks in advance for your reply.. Don

I need to do an update to this post. I always say that if it were not for the last minute we would not get anything done. Well the awning problem happened at the last minute and we still got it done. We are off on our trip with a new awning motor thanks to you Angie and your recall team at Dometic. My motor failed Tuesday night after Dometic hours. I called Dometic Wednesday morning and got the ball rolling and with the help of Theresa and Debbie and Angie the replacement motor was at the local RV repair shop on Thursday morning. I was ale to get off as planned on our month long trip on Friday morning and am typing this from Jekyll Island Campground in Georgia. I wanted to take the time to thank you Angie and your team for getting the job done in such a short time frame. Well done!
Dalford, thanks for the update and have a nice trip.
Proof positive that there are manufacturers out there that do care. Thank you Dometic.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #37
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
RVChick, that is wonderful to hear! I am glad you are happy with your Dometic awning.
I just bought my 2014 Crusader and came across this thread. I tried to register my awning but it won't take my model number. It's saying it's not valid. I've tried every number on that label. So far the awning still works but I've only just extended it twice in my backyard. I'm getting conflicting dates with regards to the units included in the recall. I've attached a pic of the label. Is mine one of the recalled motors? Thank you

Name:	IMG_1090.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	31965

Looks mighty close, just want to make sure one didn't squeeze through the cracks.
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2013/05/do...r-awning-kits/

This potential condition affects only the power awning products manufactured between February 13, 2013, (306XXXXX serial #) through April 9, 2013, (314XXXXX serial #).
Crabbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:01 AM   #38
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
My XLR is our first Dometic awning and I absolutely love it!! I wondered about its ability to drain, and the first time I deployed it in the rain, it had a tilt built in that I could jot tell. The rain not only drained, it drained away in the perfect spot!
Was that before or after you added the poles?
Old 06-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #39
Phat Phrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Was that before or after you added the poles?
Adding the poles made it the envy of those who don't have the extra support on windy days! LOVE THE POLES!
Old 06-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #40
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

Crabbyguy - Yes it looks like your awning is affected by the recall. Please try our recall line again Monday morning and follow the prompts so we can get the repairs going for you as soon as possible.