Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #101

Hello, I seem to be plagued with this problem on my 2014 XLR HYPER LITE 27HFS. This is actually the second time it happend, the first timeremoving the switch from the wall seemed to be the fix, it worked for about a month then stopped yesterday. My awning is open about 2 feet to cover the entrance and I can't get it in or out. I contacted Dometic this morning and was told they would email me how to open my awning so I can get my s/n, as all the documentation I have only tells me how to close it. It's after hours and I didn't receive any email... Guess I'll have to try and call them tomorrow morning again.
MMIFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #102

Sorry for your problems. On the awning deal Dometic has stood tall on this and I'm sure they will for you too. If they have to come out and replace the motor take notice that the new one will be a bit more robust than the one they remove. When we had our problem Dometic customer service was emphatic that we NOT move the rig until problem was corrected because the awning may EXTEND on its own just to make your day. All the best on getting this deal corrected.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #103

So has anyone had to unroll their awning to get the tag info?? I've been sent the how to, and I'm not sure I feel comfortable with the directions. I called my dealer and they were unsure if I should do it... This is getting frustrating.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:49 PM   #104
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMIFL View Post
So has anyone had to unroll their awning to get the tag info?? I've been sent the how to, and I'm not sure I feel comfortable with the directions. I called my dealer and they were unsure if I should do it... This is getting frustrating.
Yeah the rewind spring is under A LOT of tension.
I'd recommend you take it to someone qualified.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:16 PM   #105

Unfortunately that's not an option. My awning is out about 2 feet to cover entrance... Gonna call dealer again...
Old 07-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #106

Dometic 9100 Awning Motor Recall

When I bought my trailer from Blue Dog RV in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, in 2014, I noticed this recall. I called it to their attention but they said it didn't apply. Well they were wrong! My motor quit while on a trip to Canada and I had to roll it up and secure it for the trip home. Looking at the sticker, the manufacturing date of the awning is 3-26-2013, right smack in the middle of the recall list. Blue Dog sells their trailers with Forever Warranty and when I called them they said it's not covered. Not wanting to take it back to the dealer for repairs since it wasn't covered, I took the motor out and it fell apart in my hands! Now I need a new motor and the dealer wants almost $400.00 for one! In my searching I found this thread and am hoping Dometic can help me out. I've got all the numbers you need along with the trailer VIN. Please help!
dsparti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #107

Don't know who you are or where you are since you supply No Info anywhere! There is a Amish "Salvage Farm outside of Goshen,In,they changed there Name but they Had motors for 50-75$!Maybe someone can/will Help if they live near and are Going to Goshen Rally? Youroo!!
Old 07-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #108

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Don't know who you are or where you are since you supply No Info anywhere! There is a Amish "Salvage Farm outside of Goshen,In,they changed there Name but they Had motors for 50-75$!Maybe someone can/will Help if they live near and are Going to Goshen Rally? Youroo!!
Actually I did mention Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, but that's OK. Thanks for your help, if I can't get a motor under the recall I'll try there.
Old 07-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #109

Dometic 9100 Awning Motor Recall

I got in touch with Rita at Dometic and I simply can't express how great she was and how helpful! Within hours she scheduled a mobile repairman to come out and replace my motor! That said, I just want to warn everyone about Blue Dog RV. When I went there to pick up my new trailer after purchase, I showed them a copy of the recall. They assured me my trailer was NOT part of the recall. They lied! Not only was it part of the recall as determined by both serial number and date of manufacture, when I took the motor out it fell apart in my hands! Rita told me that was typical of the recalled motors! The worst part, I've been driving around like this for 3 years and at any time the awning could have unraveled and caused an accident!!! Beware of Blue Dog RV!!!!