Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmdom View Post
Dear Customer: I am the supervisor in the recall center at Dometic for this awning motor recall. Please contact us at 888-447-0003, OPTION 1. We can process your order, find a mobile service center for you, and get a replacement order sent via overnight for the repair. We will need the S/N and Model # directly from the awning sticker and the VIN# of the coach it's installed on. Please call us as soon as possible so we can get this repaired for you so your trip is not delayed. Be sure to mention that your order is urgent when you call. If you have any further questions, please ask for me and I will be happy to help you. My name is Angie Manes. Thank you!
I LOVE it when factory folks monitor these forums!
And Angie for leaving her name and inviting customers to call her directly. I'm not on the recall list, but it makes me feel a lot better about having a Dometic awning.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

Soooooo are awning tie down poles in the works????
Whistling.........
Just my two cents. I liked the poles idea until someone mentioned that you still can't leave the awning out in extremely windy conditions, but if you've had it out with poles, it's probably too windy at that point to take the poles down to furl it. So what are your options at that point? Hope for the best?

If Dometic sold poles, what would the instructions be? How do they address that problem? Don't they then assume liability for the awning breaking under those "extremely windy" conditions? Right now they can just tell you not to leave it out in windy conditions. That seems like a much more tenable position to me.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #43
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Crabbyguy - Yes it looks like your awning is affected by the recall. Please try our recall line again Monday morning and follow the prompts so we can get the repairs going for you as soon as possible.
Damn, figures. Thank you for the prompt response. Got a camping trip in 7 days and I need to get this taken care of. AND thank you everybody else. If it wasn't for you all and this fine forum, I would have never known.
Crabbyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #44
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Just my two cents. I liked the poles idea until someone mentioned that you still can't leave the awning out in extremely windy conditions, but if you've had it out with poles, it's probably too windy at that point to take the poles down to furl it. So what are your options at that point?....
I've had mine out in 25 mph winds and all that happens is the material flaps a little, but the arms do not move. A strap across from arm to arm also stops the material flapping.

Also, a little common sense has to come into play. The poles make the power awning as substantial as the old manual awnings in windy conditions. So if you left the manual awning out in windy conditions, you can leave out a power awning with poles in similar conditions.

If the wind gets too bad, it just takes two people to put it up with a remote. One on each pole until it is stowed. In this example, it's easier than the old manual.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #45

Thanks OC. Makes sense.

I was just out walking the dog and came across what I'm guessing is a remnant of last night's storm, left in an empty campground.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-319544492.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	31983
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1457926844.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	31984
Old 06-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706
Thanks OC. Makes sense.

I was just out walking the dog and came across what I'm guessing is a remnant of last night's storm, left in an empty campground.
How timely!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #47
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Thanks OC. Makes sense.

Attachment 31983
Attachment 31984
Looks like a manual awning. Don't know where it is, but with all the high wind forecast, someone was either gone or stupid.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #48

Angie

I left you a vmail sunday 6/9/13. I realize the office is closed on Sundays.

My 9100 failed on my RV this weekend and is currently stuck at a campground. I have a couple days to leave it there, but I need to get it off the site in 3 days.

I called the 888 number today and a Rep confirmed my unit is impacted and is setting up a repair. Can you please help and make sure I make the window I have for leaving it there.

Thank you
Jeff
Connecticut
tromler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #49
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

Send a message via Skype™ to ajmdom
Jeff: We are currently working to find a mobile servicer to come repair the unit. As soon as we find one, we'll ship out a replacement motor overnight. Once we have the servicer, we will call you with their phone number so you can be sure they schedule the repair asap.

Let me know (personally) if you have any trouble at all.

Thank you,
Angie Manes
ajmdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #50

We want to Thank,Angie Manes and all the others at Dometic for the Super service and Response time in helping us! Thank you agin,hope to see you at the (Goshen Frog Rally)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #51
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

youroo - You are very welcome!!! I'm happy to help.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
youroo - You are very welcome!!! I'm happy to help.
Pm sent
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #53

great customer service! thank you for all your help today.

Quote:
Jeff: We are currently working to find a mobile servicer to come repair the unit. As soon as we find one, we'll ship out a replacement motor overnight. Once we have the servicer, we will call you with their phone number so you can be sure they schedule the repair asap.

Let me know (personally) if you have any trouble at all.

Thank you,
Angie Manes
tromler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #54
Dometic Corp. Supervisor

Jeff:

We are working on your situation right now and I will personally call you back with status. We are talking to Gustine's RV to see if they will repair your awning first, and also your brother's on Monday. If they agree, we will ship them a motor overnight today for morning delivery. I will let you know what we find out as soon as we can reach them.

Thank you,
Angie
Old 06-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #55

Just got back from a rainy 4 day camping trip. Went to put out the awning to dry it out, yep, you guessed it, click/click. Made an appointment to take it to the dealer(75miles) and later that day decided to check the forum and see if it was a common problem. Thank you FRF and Dometic Awning Recall Team. Motor on order and local RV Merchant will make an appointment to come out and install.
vp22er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #56
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp22er View Post
Just got back from a rainy 4 day camping trip. Went to put out the awning to dry it out, yep, you guessed it, click/click. Made an appointment to take it to the dealer(75miles) and later that day decided to check the forum and see if it was a common problem. Thank you FRF and Dometic Awning Recall Team. Motor on order and local RV Merchant will make an appointment to come out and install.
This place is great eh!?

Glad your gettin fixed up!

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #57

Don't get me wrong: Angie and the Dometic team seem to be doing a fantastic job on this problem. But I can't help but think about work where we always knew that if you wanted lots of positive recognition, you had to screw something up and then fix it or no one might ever know you were there keeping things running smoothly.

So good job on getting all this positive recognition too. ;-)
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #58
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Don't get me wrong: Angie and the Dometic team seem to be doing a fantastic job on this problem. But I can't help but think about work where we always knew that if you wanted lots of positive recognition, you had to screw something up and then fix it or no one might ever know you were there keeping things running smoothly.

So good job on getting all this positive recognition too. ;-)
Where the heck do you work? Sure glad I didn't have employers like that. If someone screwed up, everyone worked their tails off to rectify it and go on. Positive recognition is from doing a good job fixing a problem, not from creating one and then fixing it just for credit. That's the way the government does things.

But, Angie is doing a tremendous job in making a bad situation good. Congratulations Angie.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #59
itch'n to road trip

Send a message via AIM to campnqueen Send a message via MSN to campnqueen Send a message via Yahoo to campnqueen
Oh I am so glad I read this thread. Y'all have just convinced me that I really DONT want an electric awning. Maunal is good for me.

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4
2014 Work & Play 25ULA
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight, Valor & Scarlet Begonia
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #60
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Oh I am so glad I read this thread. Y'all have just convinced me that I really DONT want an electric awning. Maunal is good for me.
With tie down poles, I will take the power awning 2 to 1 over the manual. Faster and just as good with the poles. A few bad motors out of the thousands sold and installed does not mean the power awnings are bad. JMO.