Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #1

dometic power awning motor????

i cannot open my power dometic awning on my 2012 sunseeker model 2650. the mobil tech has determined its a bad awning motor but is havind difficulty determining correct motor part # as they make a number of replacement awning motoers. can any one help me with correct info on motor so they can order it and replace it. the awning is under waranty as rv was purched 2/2 2012 from rv world, nokomis, fl
redryder8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by redryder8
i cannot open my power dometic awning on my 2012 sunseeker model 2650. the mobil tech has determined its a bad awning motor but is havind difficulty determining correct motor part # as they make a number of replacement awning motoers. can any one help me with correct info on motor so they can order it and replace it. the awning is under waranty as rv was purched 2/2 2012 from rv world, nokomis, fl
Theres a tag on the front arm and on the roller to identify what you have but that doesn't do you any good if its stuck closed.
But its the only way to know.
Its kinda like your vin number for your awning.
Ron
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:34 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

What mobile Tech "worth his salt" does not know the phone number for Dometic tech support? IMO, something rotten here.

Or maybe I am just skeptical of "technicians" who are just jack booted thugs in disguise.

Contact - Dometic

FYI: "Worth his salt" comes from ancient Roman times when troops were paid a salt allowance separate from other pay. It was called "salarium" which is where our word salary comes from.
Worth one's salt
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #4
Full Timer

Awning parts

This info was copied from the Dometic web page, I hope it helps...

You can order parts directly from Dometic by calling the retail sales department at 1-800 544 4881. Please be sure to have your model number available so the correct parts list can be obtained. Thank you

If you are in need of any Dometic refrigerator, air conditioner or A& E awning parts you can also call us at 1-800-544-4881 or purchase from any Dealer or Camping World location.

If we can be of any future service do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Dometic product lines.

Customer Support Center

customersupportcenter@dometicusa.com
waegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #5

The motor went out in our awning while we were away from home. We managed to get the awning closed and got it back home safely. Hubby called Dometic and they had a tech at our house in 2 days. We were still under warranty and the motor was switched out and we are in business again. I can't say enough about the wonderful customer service from Dometic!!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowden FL View Post
The motor went out in our awning while we were away from home. We managed to get the awning closed and got it back home safely. Hubby called Dometic and they had a tech at our house in 2 days. We were still under warranty and the motor was switched out and we are in business again. I can't say enough about the wonderful customer service from Dometic!!
wow that was great. I called dometic & they said I had to take the unit to a local repair shop, axp 20 miles away. my unit is also in warranty, maybe I should call back. I dont have a 5th wheel to take it there so taking it to the shop will cost a small fortune.
waegele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led pad