Old 03-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #1

Entry door bowed

One day during the summer I noticed the outside fiberglass panel on my camper entry door was slightly outside the metal frame at the bottom corner of the door, I didn't think much of it and pushed the fiberglass back inside the frame, it snapped back in. At the time I thought it may have been cut a little short at the factory and popped out when closing the door. I have had no issues since. This past weekend I walked out to get something out of the camper and noticed the same fiberglass panel was bowed outward and popped out on one side section of the door frame surround, this was much more noticeable than before and will not push back in. It was fine when I stored the camper the beginning of the winter. I opened the door and it opens fine and latches easily, I see the inner shell is pulled away slightly and you can see the glue or sealer on one side. I looked for any signs of water intrusion etc. there is nothing, it looks like the only way water can get inside the door I would guess would be through the window but the large seal on the outside is in place and looks pretty impossible for that to leak. also because the awning sticks out slightly over the door, unless its a driving rain it does not run down the top part of the door anyway. The past couple month's we have had 60 and 70 degree days and then a week later the temperature would drop down to highs only in the 20's, this past weekend it was about 19 degrees. I am thinking maybe moisture or condensation was inside the door Styrofoam due to the hot and cold temperature swings and when it got cold it froze which bowed the fiberglass panel out. Wondering if anyone has had this issue? I am pretty sure it will go back to normal when the weather warms but would like to know why this may have happened. thanks !! Tom
NOREASTRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door