Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 02:52 PM   #1

Flagstaff 25FKS Entry Stair Unit

We recently purchased a 2019 Flagstaff 25FKS. It comes equipped with a MORryde entry stair unit that lifts and stores in the entry doorway.

The stair unit has a WARNING label on the underside of the unit that states in part that we must "Ensure that both latches are engaged when steps are stored". The label also states that "Failure to follow (these) instructions could lead to damage to the unit or serious injury." Emphasis added.

You can see from the accompanying photo that the latch assembly is not there. Checking with our dealer, I was advised that some of the trailers with these units do come with an installed latch assembly, and some (ours for one) do not. The explanation is that since our unit is spring assisted, the latch assembly is not necessary.

I am ok with that, as far as it goes. My concern is that the explanation does not match up with the warning label. I would think that WARNING labels are added as a result of some specific safety hazard, and that if such a hazard is present, and the label is present, then the latch assembly should be included. Yes? No?

I thought that I would ask members of the forum what advice they might offer. I do plan to contact the manufacturer of the steps, as well as Forest River, to learn whether either thinks that I have a valid concern.

Thanks in advance for your insights.
Bruce
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5488.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	184589   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5485a.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	184592