Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2015, 07:30 PM   #1

Forest river #41 window

Hi, new to the forum.
I have a wildcat 32QBBS, and my kids left one of the the bunkhouse exit Windows unlatched. While towing, the window must have opened and I lost it!
Anyway, I removed the frame and there is a tag on the frame that says Forest River #41, F209-2385, 8505-1: 30.0X22.0: 1 7/8: BLK 20/86
I was wondering if I can buy just the glass, or I need to replace the entire window, and either way, where is the best place to get them?
Esmarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:33 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins

Welcome... Jeez that stinks. I know some will just find and local glass person for windows at times but because it is an emergency window it might take a call to FR.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #3

I should clarify, the window and outer frame are both gone. The frame that screws into the wall (inner and outer) are there, but the screws that hold it to the hing let loose and the glass with its frame are gone. Hing is ok though.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #4
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

I think these are Lippert Windows & the 8500 series has been replaced by the 8800 series as of 2014. I would try your nearest RV service department or your FR dealer

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
elundquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #5

That happened to us too!!! Screws pulled out and we never noticed it. Didn't notice it until our 2nd morning of a trip when the kids got REALLY cold and we couldn't figure out why. After that, we made sure they were latched, but twice, ours have come unlatched and flopped open. We now put some Gorilla Tape on them before we leave the campground.

We got on ebay and found a window that would fit. It was a divided window instead of the solid glass, but unless you are looking for it, you wouldn't even notice.

I think it cost us about $75, including shipping and took DH and I about 20 minutes to install the new one.....plus a 10 ft ladder.
merrykalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrykalia View Post
That happened to us too!!! Screws pulled out and we never noticed it. Didn't notice it until our 2nd morning of a trip when the kids got REALLY cold and we couldn't figure out why. After that, we made sure they were latched, but twice, ours have come unlatched and flopped open. We now put some Gorilla Tape on them before we leave the campground.

We got on ebay and found a window that would fit. It was a divided window instead of the solid glass, but unless you are looking for it, you wouldn't even notice.

I think it cost us about $75, including shipping and took DH and I about 20 minutes to install the new one.....plus a 10 ft ladder.
Ya, we had them come open before and I noticed it flopping. Pulled over and shut it before it broke?.. This was the upper, and I didn't see it as it was so high up above the truck mirror.
LOL! I guess I better get the 10' ladder ready.

Elundquist, you think they are Lippert 8500 (8800)? I thought they were Kinro Windows?
Old 10-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
Future Roo 23IKSS Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmarkey View Post

Elundquist, you think they are Lippert 8500 (8800)? I thought they were Kinro Windows?

Not 100% positive. Someone in another form stated FR uses Lippert for the windows. They had a similar window issue.

Erik Lundquist
iPhone 6S using Tapatalk
elundquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 02:27 PM   #8

Had same problem with emerg window in our 29RE CC-Silverback......Cost from FR including shipping and Cdn $$ exchange was a few $ less than $500.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #9

Since merrykalia had the same problem, perhaps the kids were not to blame. Still under warranty?
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river