Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #1

Frameless Window Saga

From day 1 of picking up my new TT, I have had one of my frameless windows open-up on a regular basis while traveling. At first the fix was to give that particular window an extra dose of torque to the plastic T-handle of the operator mechanism. Eventually that plastic handle started to give indications that it was getting a little tired of the abuse...it was getting stripped inside. It turns out though, that the internal mechanism of the operator/crank controller... the gearing if you will, is the real culprit; from "new" it never permitted a really decent closing torque like the other ones on the windows in the trailer. On my last voyage I had to resort to using ducttape to keep the window from flapping around while under highway speeds.
The fix is going to be two-fold. First, I will have to drill out the rivets that secure the controller/crank mechanism to the frame, then I will have to install a new mechanism that my dealer is pricing out at $61 plus shipping.
I'm just passing on my experience with these windows.
metalsideup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame