Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #51
10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dunedin, FL.
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Not for sure, but I don't think Dometic Awning motors are made in China.
I wonder if mine was one of these, I just found this article from Dometic

Dometic Provides Update on Awning Recall | RV Industry News
__________________

__________________
2014 XLR 27 HFS
2010 F250 4x4 Crewcab Turbo Diesel
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #52
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
I wonder if mine was one of these, I just found this article from Dometic

Dometic Provides Update on Awning Recall | RV Industry News
Very possible.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 AM   #53
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denver, Co.
Posts: 48
The Dometic awning recall has been in effect since the 28th of April. Easy to see if yours is one of those. The installation sheet supplied with your unit lists the serial numbers of all installed items including the awning. If the serial number on your awning is between 306xxxx and 314xxxxx, then it is included. Your dealer should have notified you about this, as all dealers and manufactures were notified directly by Dometic. Call Dometic at their 800 number and give them the serial number. If they confirm yours is under recall, they will tell you DO NOT MOVE THE UNIT! They will send a mobile tech out to replace the motor wherever your unit is currently located. If you do move the unit, you assume responsibility if it malfunctions in transit.
Forest River had to replace all awnings on all completed units at their plants before they could even have the transport companies pick them up. It was expensive, but Dometic picked up the tab. I know this because mine was one of those units affected.

Ken
__________________
TooLoose - WeTrek

04.5 CTD 2500 Dodge 6spd manual
2014 Flagstaff 8528ckws
elkabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #54
Owner/Operator
 
RodeoGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 671
I have two Power Awnings (917GL09.001U & 917GL08.001U) on my Rockwood 8289WS which was built the first week of March 2013. The Serial Numbers on the FRTA fall within the recall range, and the Date Of Manufacture on the FRTA also falls within the date range.

I called the Dometic Recall hotline, and was told that my awnings are not included in the recall, yet they meet all the parameters of the recall.

I'm curious how Dometic could determine this, but have not been able to find an answer.

RodeoGeorge
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8289WS
Mods: Central Vac, PI EMS-HW50C, 2025RV, (2) SCS225 Trojans, PD9260, Awning Remotes & LED Lights, Eliminators, External Water Filter,, Intellijacks
2008 RAM 3500 Cab&Chassis Hauler Bed, B&W Companion Hitch
All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #55
10x
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dunedin, FL.
Posts: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong View Post
The Dometic awning recall has been in effect since the 28th of April. Easy to see if yours is one of those. The installation sheet supplied with your unit lists the serial numbers of all installed items including the awning. If the serial number on your awning is between 306xxxx and 314xxxxx, then it is included. Your dealer should have notified you about this, as all dealers and manufactures were notified directly by Dometic. Call Dometic at their 800 number and give them the serial number. If they confirm yours is under recall, they will tell you DO NOT MOVE THE UNIT! They will send a mobile tech out to replace the motor wherever your unit is currently located. If you do move the unit, you assume responsibility if it malfunctions in transit.
Forest River had to replace all awnings on all completed units at their plants before they could even have the transport companies pick them up. It was expensive, but Dometic picked up the tab. I know this because mine was one of those units affected.

Ken
Good idea, I will check. I'm sure mine has been changed last week by Lazydays with the updated motor. Dometic had sent the dealer a new motor I had to wait a week to get my trailer back. The service manager told me that Dometic was over nighting the motor, otherwise I could have the trailer back in a couple days.
I was lucky mine screwed up at home. In my earlier post I posted I was able to roll out the awning by hand without resistance. I tied it up before I transported it.

Anyway, I just finished installing OldCoot's support poles. That was what I was going to do the Sunday when the motor messed up.
__________________
2014 XLR 27 HFS
2010 F250 4x4 Crewcab Turbo Diesel
10x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Not for sure, but I don't think Dometic Awning motors are made in China.
My Dometic replacement motor for my stab.jacks was (Made in Mexico). Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:39 PM   #57
Owner/Operator
 
RodeoGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
I have two Power Awnings (917GL09.001U & 917GL08.001U) on my Rockwood 8289WS which was built the first week of March 2013. The Serial Numbers on the FRTA fall within the recall range, and the Date Of Manufacture on the FRTA also falls within the date range.

I called the Dometic Recall hotline, and was told that my awnings are not included in the recall, yet they meet all the parameters of the recall.

I'm curious how Dometic could determine this, but have not been able to find an answer.

RodeoGeorge
Here's an update. Just got a call from Dometic, and I am told that the 9' Awning is on the recall, but the 8' Awning is not. LOL

Same manufacture date, with Serial Numbers that are two digits apart.

The mystery continues.

RodeoGeorge
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8289WS
Mods: Central Vac, PI EMS-HW50C, 2025RV, (2) SCS225 Trojans, PD9260, Awning Remotes & LED Lights, Eliminators, External Water Filter,, Intellijacks
2008 RAM 3500 Cab&Chassis Hauler Bed, B&W Companion Hitch
All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #58
Owner/Operator
 
RodeoGeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoGeorge View Post
Here's an update. Just got a call from Dometic, and I am told that the 9' Awning is on the recall, but the 8' Awning is not. LOL

Same manufacture date, with Serial Numbers that are two digits apart.

The mystery continues.

RodeoGeorge
And yet another update. When I spoke to the rep at Dometic earlier today, I told her that I would probably get another call later telling me that the second awning was included on the recall.

Guess what?

Just got another call from Dometic, telling me that both awnings are included in the recall, and they are making arrangement to have a mobile service replace the awning motors.

So, a happy ending to the issue.

RodeoGeorge
__________________
2013 Rockwood 8289WS
Mods: Central Vac, PI EMS-HW50C, 2025RV, (2) SCS225 Trojans, PD9260, Awning Remotes & LED Lights, Eliminators, External Water Filter,, Intellijacks
2008 RAM 3500 Cab&Chassis Hauler Bed, B&W Companion Hitch
All My Modifications are at this link:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #59
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
My Dometic replacement motor for my stab.jacks was (Made in Mexico). Youroo!!
No doubt, and parts of your truck and mine probably. Who cares as long as they work.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
BDavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post
I think the same thing on mine. I isolated the motor and powered it with another 12v source and all it does is click. Gonna hook it up and drag it back again.
Thanks Capt.
Just saw an article about a recall from Dometic. I have a 2013 Rockwood with a defective awning as well. 3006w.
__________________

__________________
2016 Sandpiper 365asqb
2013 Rockwood Windjammer 3006W
2014 F250 6.7 PowerStroke 2wd
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.