Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,420
Help! Dometic 9100 Awning Fiberglass Camper Mounting

Hello all!

Camper: Rockwood Signature ultra-light (fiberglass walls)

I had to purchase new mounting arms for my Dometic 9100 series Awning as the old ones bent during a torrential downpour last fall.

I found a used set on eBay for half the price of new. However, it did not come with any mounting hardware. There are two bolts that secure the top. However, the bottom are mounted with pop rivets.

I am trying to is 3/16th pop rivets but they won't hold. It appears the the hole is slightly larger. However, that's the largest I can find locally.

Anyone know what type of rivets should be used to secure the awning to the side of the camper?
__________________

007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,040
My motorhome has sandwiched aluminum sides and screws are used to hold the awning side rails in place. I believe the awning comes with Oscar rivets when ordered as a kit and they are for fiberglass installs. I think.
__________________

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,040
Washers might be used under the rivet head if the hole is oversize.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,420
Oscar rivets!! That's what they're called. Makes sense. A quick search on Amazon and these babies showed up.

Dometic brand even.. looks like it's the right part. Expensive little guys!!

Dometic 113008P 3/16" Diameter Oscar Rivet, (Pack of 6) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031NJIM4..._zJhHCb7NXHZ8N
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:50 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,040
They're only expensive if your awning flies off your unit while tooling down the road.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Hello all!

Camper: Rockwood Signature ultra-light (fiberglass walls)

I had to purchase new mounting arms for my Dometic 9100 series Awning as the old ones bent during a torrential downpour last fall.

I found a used set on eBay for half the price of new. However, it did not come with any mounting hardware. There are two bolts that secure the top. However, the bottom are mounted with pop rivets.

I am trying to is 3/16th pop rivets but they won't hold. It appears the the hole is slightly larger. However, that's the largest I can find locally.

Anyone know what type of rivets should be used to secure the awning to the side of the camper?
These are a bit cheaperhttps://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/316-6-low-profile-flat-head-tri-bulb-rivets-with-sealing-washer-aluminum-p/2066-002.htm
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:00 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
They're only expensive if your awning flies off your unit while tooling down the road.
Let's hope that doesn't happen!

Thank you!!!
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:03 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,693
Cheaper here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
Oscar rivets!! That's what they're called. Makes sense. A quick search on Amazon and these babies showed up.

Dometic brand even.. looks like it's the right part. Expensive little guys!!

Dometic 113008P 3/16" Diameter Oscar Rivet, (Pack of 6) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031NJIM4..._zJhHCb7NXHZ8N
Cheaper here.
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 06:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
007matman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Cheaper here.
Ouch.. I shoulda been less trigger happy.. :-)
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Cheaper here.
Until you add the shipping . don't understand why these are so pricey ,
__________________

MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awning, camper, dometic, fiberglass, mount

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.