Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Carknocker Family

LCI Awning trouble

I have read all the problems with the Dometic power awning and the recall. Mine is on a 2014 Salem 32 BHDS, built April 23 and has a LCI awning on it. Doing the same thing as the other brand. Will come out fine, but have to "help" it when retracting. IE,, push on the arms. All other 12 volts items work as should so dont believe its the battery. Is there some way to adjust the tension on spring without it blowing up in my face? Looked several times through paper work and didnt get a manual on the awnings.Thanks for any suggestions.
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #2

Hi, did you ever find the solution to this problem... I have a 26 ft wildwood with the Lci solera awning that will extend but when retracting blows the breaker.... ahhhhhh....talked to Lci directly ,but they told me to try greasing the gears....didn't work... any help would be greatly appreciated.
bdbafarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
Carknocker Family

Mine ended up being stiff shocks on the arms. After owning and using for a year, it rolls up slowly but at least I don't have to help it. Blowing fuses sounds like the little motors are working to hard and pulling too many amps. Does it blow immeditatly or after awhile of use. Or are you holding button, nothing happens, and you continue to hold till it blows?
2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #4

Thanks for the quick reply... I replied yesterday,but I guess I sent it to the wrong place....newbie....anyways, my awning rolls up a few turns then blows a fuse.... If I help it closer to the trailer, it seems to work. I talked to a neighbour ( past campkins RV owner) and he suggested I check the voltage going in and out of the switch then check the amps at the motor.... I'll let you know how things go.... Thanks for your help...
bdbafarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #5

I just bought a 2015 hemisphere and am having the same problem with my electric awning. If anyone can help, please do so.
Eltonnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #6

LCI Awning trouble

I have a 2015 Hemisphere and had the same issue. It would roll out fine and would only move about an inch then stop. I had to help it in while someone pushed the button. That was using it on 12 volt power at home.
While on a camping trip I tried again it again on shore power and it went in just slow. I also noticed the awning arm towards the front of the TT had a curve to it. I think the curved arm is causing it not to completely close also. I have seen other Hemispheres with bent/ curved front arms and some that were straight like they should be.

I took the head covers off and greased the gears ( which looked ok ) anyway , not sure if it helped or not.

On a side not my inside awning switch is hooked up backwards! In is out and out is in! Got to love quality control.

It's in for some warranty work now not sure of the outcome but will post up when I find out something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

tlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #7

Mine, like yours, is weaker without shore power. Please keep me posted with your progress.

Thanks
Eltonnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:54 PM   #8

Grey wolf 18 rb

Does anyone know if LCI makes a tilting arm replacement for their power awnings.
Mine will not tilt to run off water
Thanks for any help
SHG
Hossaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #9

LCI Awning Problems Retracting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
I have read all the problems with the Dometic power awning and the recall. Mine is on a 2014 Salem 32 BHDS, built April 23 and has a LCI awning on it. Doing the same thing as the other brand. Will come out fine, but have to "help" it when retracting. IE,, push on the arms. All other 12 volts items work as should so dont believe its the battery. Is there some way to adjust the tension on spring without it blowing up in my face? Looked several times through paper work and didnt get a manual on the awnings.Thanks for any suggestions.
I have the same problem and have seen similar complaints on several threads as well as other forums. I have spent have spent the day investigating LCI Solera awning on our 24' Wildwood. I've greased gears, lubed pivot points, checked awning alignment, and checked voltages. As I've studied the arms as it extends and retracts I'm almost convinced the gas struts are too strong. According to the research I've done they are 120 lbs. of force each. I got up on the roof to observe the alignment as it rolled in (it will roll in if I do it in short bursts so the overload doesn't overheat) and out. On a whim I tried rolling in in the wrong way (bottom on outside instead of top on the outside) and discovered the motor appears to have a lot more torque going that way.
Sprinter2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #10

I bought a new 2019 Forest River Wolf Pack 325 13pack Toy Hauler and my kids just took it out on the maiden voyage and went to the black hills for a couple of weeks. They tried to use the front awning and it went out about 2 feet and stopped. You could hear the motor running when they pushed the button but it would not go out or retract. Had to call for a mobile repairman and he took it apart and found that the plastic gear had broken in half. He said that he had never seen that before and had to google how to work on it. He is a Forest River repairman. He did not replace the gear as he said it would just break again. He is going to contact the awning manufacturer to see if they have any ideas. Will post again when we find out the fix or not!
hollypup38 is offline   Reply With Quote