Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 12:23 PM   #1

LCI awning won't retract

Our 2017 hemisphere lite 356 QB has a LCI awning. We are on a permanent campsite and retract our awning each time we leave at the end of the weekend. All summer the awning has worked fine. As we were getting ready to leave after Labor Day weekend my husband went to push the awning button to retract it in and it would not move. He tried the remote as well and still nothing. Thinking it might be a fuse, he checked and the fuse was still good. Any ideas what could be causing this and how to roll it back in? We won't be here for a while and hate to leave it out. Thanks!
Diana63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #2

could be a bad motor . there is a Manuel retract out on the arm where the motor is and can be retracted with a drill . can't remember if it's a 3/8 or 7/16 nut . also you could simply have a bad connection by the motor
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:37 PM   #3

Ok update hubby said he did check fuses but wasn't sure which one went to the awning. Then he said not even really sure where the fuses are located for the awning can anyone help answer these questions?
Old 09-05-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

To manually retract, you will need a ladder and a 7/16" socket, short extension and a ratchet (preferably 1/4" drive). You will need to remove the rubber plug on the rh side of the awning and insert the socket and ratchet the awning in. Always make sure the hole is covered to keep water out of the motor, etc. Hope you find the cause of the problem. It is probably a bad motor which can be purchased at your local auto parts store. It is a windshield wiper motor.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:05 PM   #5

Another update....hubby went into the battery compartment and the wire that attaches to the battery for the awning was broken. Hubby said he's never even been in that compartment. So luckily he was able to fix it. Still need to know where the fuses for the awning are though....
Old 09-05-2016, 01:13 PM   #6

Typically, awning fuses are an inline directly off the battery. Somewhere in that wire you found for the awning there should be the fuse.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #7

The fuse for the awning is probably on the LCI control board. It's a separate set of fuses and relays from the ones in your converter. I have always found mine behind a removable panel somewhere in the coach. On my current trailer I finally found it behind a false wall in the pass through. Look for panels attached with screws. These are your removable panels. If that dosen't work using your remote and with it very quiet operate the awning. You will hear the relay click. That's how I found mine. Good luck.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #8

Diana my advise is to call LCI,or Solar if that is the brand and they will direct you to tech support.Also check the battery for the remote it might already be dead.Do you have a panel that has a optional retract switch

Tags
awning