Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2014, 07:02 PM   #1

Need to Replace Power Awning Arm

Recently cut the corner too tight and caught our left hand power awning arm; see attached picture .

I'm planning to replace this arm myself and would appreciate any thoughts on do's and don'ts. It is understood that the tension is applied on the right side, and the need to insert a pin; is there any need for a similar step on the left side? Early thinking is to have someone support the awning roll while I remove the LH arm, keeping the awning retracted. My concern extending the awning is the damaged arm may not support the left side when extended. Thoughts?

Cheers
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Awning Arm.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	53394  

TV - 2013 Silverado 1500, 5.3L
TT - 2012 Wildwood 26 TBSS
mduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:35 AM   #2

We just had the same thing happen. I think ours is a little worse since it looks like your bracket is still attached to the wall. Ours came completely out and only still attached at top.
4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #3

Broke my rear arm back in February. Had a pro come fix it after I bought the parts from Dometic. He cautioned about the force of the arm under pressure of the shock. The arm comes zip tied very well... There's also a spring in the top I had to have replaced. Didn't take him long, but as I said, I let the pro do it.
MMIFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, power