Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2013, 06:42 PM   #1

New 2014 27RLWS: latches, locks dry!

We just took delivery of our new 2014 Flagstaff 27RLWS. Amongst other things, the door latch and the slam latches were all very stiff. The door was very difficult to unlatch. I couldn't even get the keys in to two of the slam latches. And when I did they wouldn't rotate. Ughh!

So before I handed it over to the dealer for a fix (110 mi r/t) I put a liberal supply of WD-40 in all of the keyholes and the latch mechanisms. Voila! They all work like butter now. Just sharing a positive experience here. It's obvious the factory does't lube anything so bare that in mind if you're having similar problems.
gtreible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #2

The lock manuf doesn't lube anything. They are really cheap locks. I use Lock-Ease on all of my locks, doors, latches, etc.
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 AM   #3

WD-40 is not a lubricant. I use Lock-Ease on all my locks like Twisty does.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #4

Congrats on the 27RLWS, we love ours! yes, there are some minor issues, but nothing that can't be easily fixed. BTW, if you have not noticed yet, there are a few things you should be aware of:

1. There is an interference problem with the Concertone and the interior LED lights. The FR fix is to replace the interior lights with a different LED light. Read the Contertone post.

2. The internal water filter replacement filter is an issue to get. The replacement is only available through FR.

3. In order to activate the slides and power jacks (if you have them), the battery disconnect knob located in the bathroom needs to be pulled out.

If you have any other questions, i will be happy to help.
eshenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #5

eshenderson: Thanks for the tips. We have a 2014 27RLWS. Our unit has a Genesis 3.0. So far it works fine (despite being un-intuitive) and displays no glitches while playing radio and flipping lights on. Let's hope it stays that way.

Our tech that did the PDI actually recommened an in line water hose filter in lieu of the internal filter. I have one on order. I haven't installed the FR filter - don't intend to.

Yes. The battery disconnect shuts down all power to the TT.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #6

"WD-40 is not a lubricant": that's news to me. Probably is to the WD-40 folks too. The label on the can clearly states that it is a lubricant.

Tags
lock