Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2019, 05:36 PM   #1

"No fly" door issue.

I'm new to this forum so if this question has been asked before I apologize.
We have 2018 Sabre Cobalt 36BHQ. My unit is equipped with what I believe the salesman called a no fly door. Basically, it uses friction in the hinges to keep the door from swinging freely when open. Theoretically you can open the door halfway and it will stay there without any other mechanical latch to hold it in place. About 7 months into ownership, the door began to become hard to operate and would make a loud squeaking sound when opening or closing. My first thought was to lubricate the hinges. And I did so with a silicone lubricant. Unfortunately, after a short time, the squeaking got worse.
I spoke to a mechanic at the dealership where I purchased the unit who just so happens to have the same unit and experienced the same problem. He tried the same fix with the same results. If anyone has any answers, I'm all ears. Thank you.
BTW, when I say "squeak ", what I really mean is the sound made by a host of demons rising from the depths of hell. Seriously, it wakes people up in the campground.
Slowride1602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 05:48 PM   #2

Did you ever solve this issue? I am having the same problem with my unit.
DeltaMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:49 PM   #3

This post ends with a possible solution. Unfortunately its not confirmed nor rejected. http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-145013-2.html

If you try it, please let us know if it works.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door