Old 11-10-2018, 12:35 PM   #1

One window broken, need to replace all 3?

Rolled in to new spot, found we had a broken window. It is one part of a 3 piece window, and local rev shop says in order to find parts we have to remove entire window from rv, find part sticker and then order from Lippert and wait 2 months. Seems kind of bizarre, but it is Lippert. We are headed to Benson AZ tomorrow. Any sources for something more reasonable?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2287.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	302.4 KB
ID:	191142   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2288.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	423.0 KB
ID:	191143  

Old 11-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #2

In thinking about it, I think I will try to find a local glass shop to cut me a piece of plexus glass to make do in the meantime. I will call Lippert Monday, but my previous dealings with them leave my expectations low. It absolutely baffles me that I have to remove the entire window from the coach to get the part number, and then wait 2 months and pay several hundred on shipping.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #3

Talked to Dynamax and Lippert. New 3 piece window is on order, should get shipped sometime late next week. Oh well, thatís the way it goes sometimes.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #4

Thabks for sharing your story. Did the temporary plexiglass solution work? Or did you come up with another temporary solution?
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:32 PM   #5

Since we are staying in one spot, and it is dry, Iím just going to leave it till the new window shows up in ~3 weeks. I feel quite confident the plexi would work, but donít see the point in spending the extra cash right now. I taped the broken window before we moved, so it is sealed up now. Just looks ďcustomĒ lol.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:34 PM   #6

I had a similar window break recently. Ordered it direct from lippert. Only my interior glass broke on one lower Payne. Seems it should be able to be replaced without the whole frame and 3 window assembly. But $875 with shipping for the whole thing. They have a video to diy also and it looks pretty straight forward. They did not ship mine on time as promised before my trip from Florida to our west. So they are now shipping to a friends in PHX so I can replace it myself and save the $ and time the dealer will cost.
H2OBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:24 PM   #7

Hi we had the top half of the kitchen atrium windows break on the top of the world highway this past July. Found the window in the same condition as yours when we pulled into campground in Dawson City YK. Taped it up with garilla tape on both sides. Made it back to west Michigan with no problems about 4000 + miles. Got to talking to locals up in the Yukon about the window braking and they said the frameless windows are a big probem up there. They said that stone's hit the edges of the window glass and chip it. It may break when it happens or later when the glass heats up and cools down just like a car windshield. What they are doing to help protect the frameless window glass is to rap the edge with plastic car door protector. when we were back in Michigan I found a window at Madison center wholesale in Adrian Michigan 517 263 4972 they are an RV surplus whole seller. picked new window up from them for $250.00. you will need to get some butle tape to seal the window when you replace it as new one will not have foam seal with it.

Hope this helps Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180827_163919.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	191383   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180910_105059.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	191384   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180910_104945.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	191385  
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
Hi we had the top half of the kitchen atrium windows break on the top of the world highway this past July. Found the window in the same condition as yours when we pulled into campground in Dawson City YK. Taped it up with garilla tape on both sides. Made it back to west Michigan with no problems about 4000 + miles. Got to talking to locals up in the Yukon about the window braking and they said the frameless windows are a big probem up there. They said that stone's hit the edges of the window glass and chip it. It may break when it happens or later when the glass heats up and cools down just like a car windshield. What they are doing to help protect the frameless window glass is to rap the edge with plastic car door protector. when we were back in Michigan I found a window at Madison center wholesale in Adrian Michigan 517 263 4972 they are an RV surplus whole seller. picked new window up from them for $250.00. you will need to get some butle tape to seal the window when you replace it as new one will not have foam seal with it.

Hope this helps Tim

The door edge protector is a great idea!

Tags
window