Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #1

pocket door fell from ceiling

I have a 2009 Rockwood 8313ss. We went on our first camping trip of the season last weekend. When we arrived and set up the camper, I noticed that one of the pocket doors and come completely loose, track and all, and was resting on the floor. Upon inspection it was clear that the track had been screwed into the ceiling, through the exterior layer and into the foam insulation. I attempted to reattach, but it came right back out. The door on the other side is fine.

It appears that the only way to reattach will be to use some type of screw anchor into the foam. My son-in-law is in the foam fabricating business and he recommends a screw-type anchor with some latex adhesive caulk so the anchor will bond with the foam.

I am looking for anyone who has had to make a similar repair and see if there are any suggestions better than my son-in-law's. I trust him, but he is not an RV owner.

Before you ask, I have checked and there is no warrantly to cover this issue with the dealer or Forrest River.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Grab Bar Fastening Systems

Totally in love with these. Use the short ones.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #3

update

Well, I have begun the process of repairing the door. Upon inspection, I found the reason for the door falling out. The track for the door has 5 points where it should be screwed to the ceiling. Three are easy to get to, but the other two are inside the pocket and more difficult to reach. The only way I could get to them was by removing the Concertone unit which exposed the interior of the pocket enough for me to reach in there.

About two years ago I had the roof and both sides of the unit replaced under warranty due to a factory defect. My guess is that when it came time to reinstall everything, the worker got to hanging the door and either did the job half way or forgot to reattached the screws in the pocket.

Anyway, the door is now repaired.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led pad