Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Google search to the rescue. AGAIN. Cathead Biscuits Recipe - Food.com

Have no idea what Deer Hotshots are tho'.
Real easy,if you have ever had (Beef Hotshots) place Deer in place of Beef! You can also make (Hamburger Hotshots) the same way! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Real easy,if you have ever had (Beef Hotshots) place Deer in place of Beef! You can also make (Hamburger Hotshots) the same way! Youroo!!
Confessing my ignorance, never heard of Beef Hotshots or Hamburger Hotshots. Must be some Yankee dish?
Old 07-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Confessing my ignorance, never heard of Beef Hotshots or Hamburger Hotshots. Must be some Yankee dish?

A roast beef sandwich, sliced into halves, mashed potatoes between the halves and smother all with beef gravy. Our Ohio relatives call this a hotshot sandwhich.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #24

Awning lock

When I bought my class C with electric awning I was told to lower one side and then lock both arms. Doing this will allow rain to run off the awning. From experience I also found that if I do not lock the awning when it rains the water pools until the weight causes the awning to arms to retract and the water to drain. When this action occurs it is done with considerable force on the awning and results in a noise that wakes the neighbors. I learned my lesson on the Sunseeker's maiden voyage and now lock both arms with one side being lower (by at least 3 inches) than the other.

As a note, I also noticed less flapping in the wind when the awning arms are locked in position.
dstankov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
A roast beef sandwich, sliced into halves, mashed potatoes between the halves and smother all with beef gravy. Our Ohio relatives call this a hotshot sandwich.
Us old Missourians just call that a Hot Beef Sandwich. Leave it to the Yankees to rename it.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #26

We just put a cargo strap on each end and pull the awning down a couple of inches with the strap/// it still auto dumps the water out and the straps hopefully will keep it from blowing on top of the trailer.....just make sure strap tension does not disable auto dump feature.....sometimes have a bunge attached to end of strap....good luck with whatever you figure out.....if we pull awning down too far door rubs on it......

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Gas 3.73
2013 Flagstaff 8524 RLWS
1978 Cape Dory Ketch
sail2liv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail2liv View Post
We just put a cargo strap on each end and pull the awning down a couple of inches with the strap/// it still auto dumps the water out and the straps hopefully will keep it from blowing on top of the trailer.....just make sure strap tension does not disable auto dump feature.....sometimes have a bunge attached to end of strap....good luck with whatever you figure out.....if we pull awning down too far door rubs on it......
Are you talking about an electric awning? Or a regular one?
Crawdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
When I bought my class C with electric awning I was told to lower one side and then lock both arms. Doing this will allow rain to run off the awning. From experience I also found that if I do not lock the awning when it rains the water pools until the weight causes the awning to arms to retract and the water to drain. When this action occurs it is done with considerable force on the awning and results in a noise that wakes the neighbors. I learned my lesson on the Sunseeker's maiden voyage and now lock both arms with one side being lower (by at least 3 inches) than the other.

As a note, I also noticed less flapping in the wind when the awning arms are locked in position.
We've never had an electric awning before. The dealer said to run it out all the way, and then back up 2-3" He said that was the best way to have it. Like I said, it's a first for me. I always used to drop one corner, but not sure how on this one?
Crawdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, power