Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #21
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey9712 View Post
Ok it doesn't get stuck the switches just did opposite of what they were supposed to.
Seems we're trying to diagnose a changing problem. Deploy the awning and see if the material is centered on the tube.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #22

Smile

Grey9712: That did the samething on mine . I took the cover off the motor on the R/ side of the awning and cleaned the motor connections and that I greased all the awning hinges . That helped me & hope it will help you. Just a thought.
dreamcatcher
dreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #23

If you have a "reverse operation" I think the "extend" switch was held and reverse rolled the awning. The awning switch does not have a built in stop so if it is held in the "extend" position it will just keep the motor running until it re-rolls the awning in the opposite direction. Just extend the awning until it gets to the point it is completely extended then use the "retract" position and all should be good.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTJohn View Post
If you have a "reverse operation" I think the "extend" switch was held and reverse rolled the awning. The awning switch does not have a built in stop so if it is held in the "extend" position it will just keep the motor running until it re-rolls the awning in the opposite direction. Just extend the awning until it gets to the point it is completely extended then use the "retract" position and all should be good.
Will that not wind the torsion spring the wrong direction?
Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 PM   #25

Quote:
If the awning was extended to the point that it started rolling up in extend mode, the awning material would be wound up 'under' the roller.
wingriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 PM   #26
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Don't think I would do the re-rolling. Just roll it out and reverse the leads on the switch.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #27

Probably best to have dealer or someone who can trouble shoot problem look at it. Too many unknowns to really tell what has happened.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning