Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2017, 06:53 AM   #1

Problem with awning & awning lights

Our Heritage Glen 299re was bought in mid-October, 2016. It had a Solera power awning (Forest River #44 according to tag on awning) with lights attached to awning at seam. The seam was ripped. Dealer said no problem, will order replacement. Two months later, the replacement finally arrives and we make the 4 hr trek to the dealer. When we arrived, they told us the new awning didn't have attached lights since Forest River had problems with them and no longer installed them with lights. We thought that was very odd but didn't know any better but they said they would add after market lights so ok. We felt we had no choice if what we had was no longer being made. They were going to install multi colored "party lights" because "they were out of white". We said no and by nothing short of a miracle, they "found" a set of white lights. We got home and two days later, the lights had fallen off the trailer. Now they are saying the original awning has been repaired but since they broke our original lights when removing them, we would still be without the awning lights. We don't want the same aftermarket lights (found them on ebay for $15). Supposedly, the FR rep told the dealer to have us silicone the aftermarket lights to the trailer and call it a day. Those lights came apart when they fell off so they are unusable anyway.

When we went to a recent RV show, we noticed all of the new FR trailers had awnings with lights. The design was different (lights slid into the same c channel where awning attaches rather than to the awning itself) but the lights were there. So, the dealer either misunderstood when ordering or flat out lied to us (again).

We want the power awning with lights, either what we had or the newer design that works with our remote. Is that an impossible pipe dream? After paying so much (cash) for this trailer, we feel like we should have at least what we bought if not the newer design. What do we need to do to get resolution? At this point, I don't trust the dealer to tell us the truth. Is there someone at FR to talk with to find out our options? They refuse to give us their reps name.
Jaecholsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:14 AM   #2

Go to "FROG" Site they have all the Contact Info for the F/R Divisions you will need! Youroo!! Miranda Blackburn 574-533-2165 is the Service Rep. Have your S/N Before you call!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:57 AM   #3

How responsive and helpful can I expect the rep to be?
Jaecholsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #4

I will ask you the same Type Question! How Nice are you going to be when you contact her? Youroo!!
Old 01-24-2017, 02:09 PM   #5

I have an led light strip under my awning (not FR) that I'm just waiting for it to fail. I installed an outside light that will go either amber or white that is led and it works much better. I understand you want what you paid for and completely agree. Just thought I would offer this as an alternative. Good luck.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0553.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	238.3 KB
ID:	128568
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #6

awning

Keep us posted on what they say .Bc I have a power awning only but if I have problems I want to know which way to go. I would turn them in with that type of attitude.If there service is that bad post the rv dealer name on this site
BillyBass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, light