Old 03-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #1

Replacement for glass shower door?

Need to replace the glass shower door on our 2006 Cardinal 37RL, any links to a parts list or vendor info would be appreciated. TIA 👍

LAPDWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #2

Friends had theirs break while on a trip and just went to a glass shop and they cut a replacement panel but might have been a plexiglass product.

dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #3

Our rig is stationary at a rural campground, I'd like to order it if I can rather than pay an installer.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:54 AM   #4

So I'm over at the local glass place recently and a customer walks in with a broken glass shower door wanting to know if they can cut another or what his alternatives are. The glass place lady, who knows everything about glass, looks at it and tells him that the glass is tempered glass and what does it go to. Well, it was on his MH shower and somehow mysteriously had a diagonal crack in it. The lady tells him that by law they can offer to replace the glass door with another tempered glass piece or they can cut plexiglass to fit. She tells him that he is not their first customer asking for this type replacement. She quotes him pricing for the tempered glass door vs. a plexiglass (actually Lexan) door. I did not hear the price quotes but the look on his face when she quoted the glass replacement was enough for me to understand that it was expensive. I did hear her tell him that with the glass door in a MH shower that there would be NO warranty nor expectation that it would not crack again. She told him that the Lexan door would be less prone to crack as it has a limited amount of flexibility. She then showed him different patterns,styles, textures of the Lexan material. I didn't know they had that many. Said customer tells her he has to get the boss lady to come look as there are so many choices. So-you may want to at least talk to a professional glass shop as to exact replacement of your glass door and their alternatives.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:03 AM   #5

Great info! Thank you!
Old 03-15-2019, 01:14 PM   #6

Lapd wife

Good luck with the glass. May try https://www.stoett.com/nautilus/
and Bless you for being an LAPD wife.
Our son is PD.
BACK THE BLUE!
Only here once - do it baby!
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #7

for a temporary fix, until you can get it replaced, you can hang a shower curtain on the inside of the shower stall, ... we've done that and like the privacy it gives, ... DW realized that with the curtain there, she could and now does, leave the glass door open when showering, ... I've come to think that if ours were to ever break or need replacing, ... and if we did, replacing immediately wouldn't jump to the top of our "to do" list, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #8

Cardinal 3825 FL. One panel of our 3 shattered and we had a glass store get us a replacement . It was about $100 for rain glass. If had known about the other mentioned above, probably would have gone that route.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:18 PM   #9
Commercial Member

LAPDWife,

Travis Bird in our Customer service department would be happy to assist you with locating a replacement shower door. Please contact him through the following personalized and direct link: Forest River RV Direct Service Contact - Forest River, Inc..

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Good luck with the glass. May try https://www.stoett.com/nautilus/
and Bless you for being an LAPD wife.
Our son is PD.
BACK THE BLUE!
Im a former LAPD officer and I can tell you that a wife who will stand by her husband and support him in that profession is worth her weight in Platinum (Far more valuable than gold)

God Bless you and him my dear!!

Tags
door, replacement, show, shower