Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2015, 04:51 AM   #1

Replacing RV entrance door window

Our RV entrance door window shattered last weekend when the door was shut😳. We are looking at replacement windows and are interested in ones that you can see through. Does anyone have experience with window replacements. For the Rockwood 2504s the window opening from inside the frame is 12x21 inches which seems to be a standard size. Does anyone know where I could get the exact manufacturers window measurements so that I can order the correct size. I am looking at easyrvwindows.com as they have replacement slider windows ( would love to be able to have ventilation and see out) but their standard measurement doesn't match what I seem to need and I don't have a window to measure as its gone. They are expensive so I'm trying to ensure I get the right size for the opening. Anyone have experience with this company? Thanks
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:02 AM   #2

Any (Home Glass Shop) should be able to make and install your (Glass)! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 02:34 PM   #3

Trailer life did a review on replacing the original with a clear window a couple issues ago. Camping world has it on their website. http://m.campingworld.com/shopping/i...ndow-kit/74221. Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for. Jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-15-2015, 02:54 PM   #4

I just replaced mine with a clear tempered one that I tinted myself. Cost was $24 a window. 12.5x 21.5 if I remember correct. Went to the local glass shop and it took a few days to order it in. Install was easy.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:09 PM   #5

Thanks all! Going to the glass shop is likely the way to go.
greti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:11 PM   #6

Alpin Haus, Camping World and many RV dealers have or can get exact replacements. We replaced ours with an almost one way window, great to see who's at the door.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #7

I replace a few, both with clear and frosted safety glass. Had a local glass company cut the glass, and all I had to do was tell them it was for an RV.
Very easy to do yourself.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:29 PM   #8
Mod free 5er

TOWTA says our new stained glass door came Tues, so I guess I will be installing it after I get home from Anchorage. Probably won't be Sat when I get home, but probably Sun morning before the sun gets on that side of the trailer. Then again, it may get put off for a couple of days (weeks)as long as I get it done before we go to FL in late Nov.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door