Old 04-02-2016, 10:16 PM   #21
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Doug,

I called FR and ordered it. I think it was $47 shipped. If you can wait until Monday, I can look up the email and the girls name that sent me mine. PM me your email address and I'll forward it to you. I have my new skylight, I just haven't got up there to replace it yet. It took a small limb strike and I covered the small hole with some black gorilla tape. It has held up well, but I need to fix it.

I've delayed this long- there's no rush. I'm going to order from that site mentioned- I like the idea of an unbreakable skylight.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:19 PM   #22
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenImp View Post
Food for thought...I went with white lexan when replacing my cracked skylight last year...it noticeably cut down on heat transmitted through and lets in MORE than enough light. Love it! I purchased mine from the above posted link (EZ Tops).

I found the hardest part of the job to be standing so long on the ladder rungs during the time consuming butyl tape removal stage. I did some of the work from the roof, but most from a ladder due to my skylight being right on the edge of the roof.

I'm still on the fence if I'll do the install or not. I really suck at being handy. I was reminded when I installed some drawer slides; the first one was good but the second one went poorly. It reminded me that I suck.

Old 04-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #23

Lexan is the way to go. More costly but is not going to crack or break. You can hit this with a hammer and the hammer will bounce off. I wanted to do once and done.

Tags
light